PDA

View Full Version : Need help Texturing a 'realistic' face

zeegate
05-03-2002, 03:39 AM
Hey there everybody . . another first post :bounce:
I've been hanging out here for a while and you all rock and the new texturingthread is a really great idea :buttrock:

I've modelled this here face and would really like to texture it. The problem is that I haven't got much experience texturing hipoly stuff or using lots of texture channels.

I've modelled the controlcage as a polyobject in MAX4 and I've added meshsmooth on top of it. Is there a good way of adding texure coordinates without collapsing the stack?. . It would be really problematic to make morphtargets or adding bones with all those faces. When I find a good solution to that I'll start creating the actual texture . . and then there will be many more questions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'll post some more pictures as I progress . . or whatever it's gonna be :)

cya

-Zee

Libor
05-03-2002, 01:28 PM
All you wanted to know about making realistic head in 3d :-) is here:

http://www.erc.msstate.edu/~camen/thehumanhead/

Cheers

:cool:

Marcel
05-03-2002, 01:57 PM
You can apply UVW coordinates on the low poly cage of your model, when you apply the meshsmooth, the coordinates are automaticly interpolated to the high poly mesh. Works very well.

The link mentioned before should give you enough ideas on how to map the face.

Great model! Show is the end result when it's done!

Marcel

zeegate
05-03-2002, 07:22 PM
that's a pretty kewl site . . a nice collection of the known 3d faces on the net . . . thanx a lot :beer: This will deffinately be helpful :buttrock:

-Zee

zeegate
05-06-2002, 06:09 AM
ok . . here's the start of my attempt at a texturing my highpoly head. I've added a cylindrical map to on top of a meshsmooth with an iteration of 1. On top of that I have another meshsmooth with an iteration of 1 as well.

So far I've only been working on the diffuse map and a bit on the specular lvl map. I hope to cover the top of the head with hair or somekind of hat maybe . . dunno yet. And I decided not to include the neck-texture on the same texture as the face as it would become quite large. It's 1024x512 already. I hope I'll be able to cover the seam. what do you think so far ?

-Zee

zeegate
05-06-2002, 07:29 AM
just a small update . . those grey areas really irritated me :)

-Zee

Libor
05-07-2002, 08:42 AM
Looks nice so far :thumbsup: No crits at this stage.

Just one tip - you dont have to use 2 meshsmooth mods in stack. Instead use one with different iterations for display and render.

Im looking forward to see your progress :cool:

leigh
05-07-2002, 12:18 PM
Is this that weird androgynous character from the First Wave show?
Looking cool so far :buttrock:
One thing you should do is add more detail to the corners of the eyes - pinkish for the tearducts or something. Also some faint veins. They look too plain. :p

zeegate
05-07-2002, 02:51 PM
thanx for the c & c :bounce:

I'll work on the eyes tonight . . you are absolutely right Leigh. I've also just started work on a set of teeth . . damn it's hard to make teeth look good :hmm:

-Zee

zeegate
05-07-2002, 02:58 PM
. . and it is not surposed to be a androgynous character . . it is surposed to . . atleast . . become a female elf ;) Hair and eyelashes will do a lot I think . . if not I'll have to tweak it some more :)

and what is the First Wave Show anyway? :wip:

-Zee

leigh
05-07-2002, 03:33 PM
First Wave is a sci-fi show, I can't remember who did it...
The character might have actually been male, but it was very androgynous looking.
I should have guessed this was an elf, :p heheheh. Looking forward to an update :bounce:
Good luck with the teeth - yeah they are really hard :p

zeegate
05-08-2002, 02:29 AM
the teeth are in :bounce:

-Zee

leigh
05-08-2002, 09:06 AM
:eek:
Well done! Those teeth are EXCELLENT!! :thumbsup: :applause:
Heheheheh, the way she is baring her teeth makes it look like she's is checking in the mirror after eating some spinach and thinking "do I have anything in my teeth?"
Great work! Keep those updates coming :buttrock:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.