PDA

View Full Version : Ge Force 3 Ti Trouble

Vinsoviet
05-03-2002, 03:25 AM
Ok, so I have a dell 4100 series, 800mhz, 256 RAM, and (currently) a TNT2 card. Running win98.

When I tried to install my brand new shiny MSI Ge Force 3 Ti 200, and it didn'twork, I felt.... dissapointed.

The problem seems to occur when I begin to install the driver for it. The driver installation program gets maybe a quarter of the way through the intallation and then freezes. After I reboot, my comp can't get past the windows 98 splash screen, it just stops loading. There is nothing in the slot next to the video card.

The card shouldn't be defective because I returned the first one and got a new one. It looks like the driver software is crap, but I'm at a loss as to what I should do next. Any help at all would be much appreciated.

Is it possible that its not compatible with my motherboard?....... I just want to MODEL!!!!!:annoyed:

shoutaway
05-07-2002, 11:17 PM
1. try logging on Safe mode and delete any display adapter(or driver) then reboot.

2. When it asks for a new driver, Select default VGA driver

3. Open up display property and click change display adapter.
(don't remember on win98..could be update driver)
to nvidia driver(for ur new geforce 3).

Hope that helps

cheers

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.