PDA

View Full Version : xsi3 problem

Talos
06-26-2003, 09:40 PM
when ever i make something like a cube.... u normaly get a dialog box that opens... ya i don't get that.. nothin... :surprised

also im try to work on that facial expression thingys... and i have 3 faces and im usin Eds tutorial, and it says go Shape-Select Shape or something like that... so i select all the heads, then right click to finish selecting, but it says invalid pointer at the bottom :annoyed:

help :hmm:

ThE_JacO
06-26-2003, 09:49 PM
for the PPG thing check your user preferences.
there's an option called "pop up ppg on creation" wich got turned off in a crash or during a hotttoggle.

you can toggle that behavior (PPG popping) on or off on the fly just by holding down CTRL while clicking a menu, very handy when you are just applying operators wich will be good to go as they come.

Talos
06-26-2003, 09:56 PM
any idea with the error im gettin?

ThE_JacO
06-26-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Talos

nope, description was a bit vague to get an idea of what you are doing right or wrong sorry :/

it's not a common error tho

marci2001
06-27-2003, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Talos

"it is not a bug, it is a feature"
:beer:

another option:

select your object
open explorer (hit " 8 ")
reveal your selection (hit " f ")
open it's tree (click the " + " icon at the object's name)
go under "polygon mesh"
there you'll find all the operators, you've applied before
double click on any of them
the ppg opens

Best regards

M

ThE_JacO
06-27-2003, 08:18 AM
Marci I think that he was asking about the shapes issues (that is not normal behavior or a tracked bug that I know of), the PPG popup on creation issue is just a matter of user preferences

marci2001
06-27-2003, 11:36 AM
could be

then all I can say is :beer:

M

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.