PDA

View Full Version : Help with speeding up MD calcs

jmcalpin
06-26-2003, 09:17 PM
Hi all,

I finally took the plung into Motion Designer land and am having a rough time of it.

I finally figured out I have to freeze the mesh for it to work. So now the model, a woman with the ACS4 rig, is some 7000 polys. I changed the texture on the breasts. Now when I setup the MD controls I set all the other textures on the model to fixed and did the tweeks on just the breasts texture.

I ran the simulation and it took almost an hour to do 60 frames.

Am I doing something wrong? I've been through the manual and played with the MD files from the CD, which got me this far but I am wondering if there is a faster way to do this.

Do bones affect the calculations?

Thanks,

Jason

jmcalpin
06-26-2003, 10:46 PM
this seems like a comprehensive guide to motion designer.

motion designer (http://forums.newtek.com/discus/messages/2/27478.html?)

I'll dig through this for the info

Jay

SplineGod
06-27-2003, 01:46 AM
Animate proxy objects with MD then reapply them to the higher rez meshes

jmcalpin
06-27-2003, 04:39 AM
how do I do that?

If I want to do an animation do I have to use the same rig etc on proxy do the whole thing then save mdd file then apply it to high rez object?

basically one scene will have low rez objects then switch it over to a high rez scene for rendering?

Jason

SplineGod
06-27-2003, 06:27 AM
The lowrez object acts like a lattice deformer on the hirez one.

jmcalpin
06-27-2003, 12:15 PM
After reading your replies it clicked in my head to check on your CDs, didn't realize there was 4 motion designer tuts on one of them.

I'm going to go through those.

Jason

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.