PDA

View Full Version : NewTek Contests

TheWriter
06-26-2003, 07:41 PM
Went to the Newtek site for the first time in months again. I see they are still holding the lip synch challenge which was due in January LMAO.

Can someone tell them to update the site/contest, or what is the holdup? I think a lot of people are getting confused & impatient.

If they droped the contests altogether, why give the impression that they are still holding them?

Rei Ayanami
06-26-2003, 07:48 PM
probably the 7.5 update and b fiasco kept them busy for a while untill c came out. also the fact that [8] is due out some time soon, means that they will be coding their socks off getting all the buggs out (or so we hope).

also they spend a lot of time not being on the new forums (joke)

Chuck Baker
06-27-2003, 05:11 PM
Actually there wasn't lot of participation, so we've put the contests on hiatus.

Willax
06-27-2003, 05:23 PM
Actually, I think you should continue the contests. Then if I'm the only entry, I'm an automatic winner, hehe ..... or, if I wasn't that would be sad, hehe.

griffdrc
06-28-2003, 02:31 AM
how much longer will the contest go on for... mayby i'ld try... i can always dream...

Petrik
06-28-2003, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by Chuck Baker
Actually there wasn't lot of participation, so we've put the contests on hiatus.

Well it's one topic that doesn't seem to have tutorials on how it's done.

lwbob
06-28-2003, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by Chuck Baker

Maybe they should have had more variety in their subjects, or more than one contest per month. I bet there were a lot of people waiting for the contest to suit their area of interest.

The old LWmailing list contests were great. They were similar to the challenges here. There was a topic announced at the beginning of the month and you did anything that fit the topic, not just a lipsync contest or texture my model.

TheWriter
06-29-2003, 01:33 PM
Well I was going to enter, but there was no way with all my term work. Im sure a lot were also in the same boat. Now that everyone has time (summer) it's closed. Figures.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.