PDA

View Full Version : orc body wip

omega-0nd
06-26-2003, 08:02 PM
hi dudes, i decided to go over with my orc and try to modeling the entire body, unfortunately i never modeled one and i need some c&c on my wip:

orc body (http://www.0nd.org/temp/pics/orc_body.jpg) (100+ kb)

leigh
06-26-2003, 08:10 PM
Surely that is too humanlike for an orc? :)

omega-0nd
06-26-2003, 08:24 PM
well, my idea was to model a human body then modify it to get an orc body

nessjp
06-26-2003, 11:29 PM
I think it looks killer.
Who knows what an Orc really looks like anyway?

CreatureseEtc
06-26-2003, 11:55 PM
Could probably be more muscular from profile - forearms, arms, shoulders, pectorals. Also a larger rib cage would make him look more dangerous. His back tends to lean a little to much towards the back. Arch him forward, it'll make him look more menacing and will give a more realistic monster pose.

But that's just me...

See ya

digones
06-27-2003, 03:38 AM
Hey I like it! :thumbsup:

Omega, I don't think he's too human....

as I know (from Tolkien stories), Orcs came from Elves (yes elVEs! read the book to know why ;) )... and Elves, in fact, are fisically identic to humans.... except for the ears of course hehhe

keep up, man!

PS: And thanks for the UV tutorial!

peanuckle
06-27-2003, 05:03 AM
Your forgetting they did come from elves but they we tortured and mutilated. :p Sounds Gamorous :p

pea~

koinu
06-27-2003, 06:52 AM
WOOHOO nice and clean geometry..... Did you start of box modeling or from splines?? I ask cause LW is my new toy....:arteest:

Kvaalen
06-27-2003, 11:00 AM
Very nice, I like it!

I don't think it is too human like. So what if in the the movies they look different.

WOOHOO nice and clean geometry..... Did you start of box modeling or from splines?? I ask cause LW is my new toy....

From his orc tutorial, I'd guess he did poly by poly.

omega-0nd
06-29-2003, 11:34 AM
hi dudes, thx for replies. i updated my model and created hands.
i don't really like this pose, it's better to modify this model or re-model parts that have to be changed? :(

new body (http://www.0nd.org/temp/pics/orc_body.jpg) (100+ kb) - hand detail (http://www.0nd.org/temp/pics/orc_hand.jpg) (95+ kb)

>> Could probably be...[cute]...a more realistic monster pose.

i tried your suggestions, tell me what u think

>> Orcs came from Elves - but they we tortured and mutilated

i know it too, when i finished modeling i i'll torture it a litlle, i promise :)

>> PS: And thanks for the UV tutorial!

:)

>> Did you start of box modeling or from splines?? - From his orc tutorial, I'd guess he did poly by poly.

yeah, i started creating chest polygons, the the rest...for arms i used a tech more similar to box modeling, creating the basic shape then modeling single muscles etc.

Kvaalen
06-29-2003, 11:54 AM
I really like it!

Is your tutorial going to include creating the body?

omega-0nd
07-26-2003, 12:27 PM
ok, completely remodeled the orc body (is still under costruction) in a T pose, i hope to put it soon on my tut...have to finish it vefore :)

[URL=http://www.0nd.org/temp/pics/orc_body_260703.jpg[/URL] (70 kb)

chikega
07-26-2003, 03:06 PM
Rebuilt it? Geez, you're a fast modeler. The new one looks so different - maybe some wire frames so we can see the changes you made?

I really like the revised version - the anatomy is great and much more realistic - I was going to comment that on the original one that the waist was too narrow, no "external oblique" muscles.

Can't wait to see the tutorial:buttrock:

Bytehawk
07-26-2003, 04:16 PM
looks really kewl

Naz
07-27-2003, 02:46 AM
the front looks promising. maybe accentuate the muscular creases at the 6pack a bit more, a detailed belly navel also would suit nicely. maybe pull the shoulders a bit backwards, also the upper back needs some strengthening, more *mass* imho.
but overall, nice start. looking forward to it!

Jonathan
07-27-2003, 03:33 AM
Very nice. I like em both.

I agree that orcs are humanoids but how human is subject. Truth be told, most of us know Gnomes as little dwarf like creatures, however Tolkien refered to Elves as being gnomes so when it comes to fantasy, it's all subject and there is really no hardline in the design.

I see that your newer orc favors more the LOTR orcs. That's unfortunate. I was looking forward something less Warcraft & LOTR which seemed more congruent with your first design.

omega-0nd
08-30-2003, 02:31 PM
ok, came back to work after holidays and updated my neverending orc, now with the armour...

tell me what u think

orc armour (http://www.0nd.org/temp/pics/orc_armour_310803.jpg) (120+ kb)

aurora
08-30-2003, 02:51 PM
I love the newer version! The detail in the hands is womderful. The armour looks great I only question why the lack of breast plating of some sort? Of course fighting with out it would explain all the scars you gave him. Any close ups of the head?

Jonathan
08-30-2003, 03:30 PM
Very good piece of modelling indeed, yet I stand by my first comment, too LOTR-ish!

You may be scolded for originality, but one thing about originality is that it's original.

uuuuurrrrr!!!!

yeah, that's the ticket!

Facial Deluxe
08-30-2003, 04:23 PM
Very good flesh feeling in this model ! Now I would like to have a look at some wireframe :)

Philours
08-31-2003, 12:14 AM
Hey, this is looking nice !
The model looks really good, the only thing i would tweak is the length of his arms which looks a bit short, i'd made longer arms (a bit too long could even give him a non-human looking which could perfectly fits an orc).
Just my two cents.
Great work !

JDaniel
08-31-2003, 12:32 AM
This one is more of an orc. It looks like a different model though. How did you modify that? Show us some wires.

mohh
08-31-2003, 01:07 AM
Great tutorial you have there. Are you really going to create one for the body and armor as well? Looking forward to it if you are. :thumbsup:

leigh
08-31-2003, 01:49 AM
Looking very nice :D

I really love the way the body looks now - it has a less human feel, while keeping something familiar and identifiable about it :)

Cool armour design too - it has an interesting oriental look.

The only thing that looks a bit strange is that his left shoulder looks concave, but it might just be a weird shadow.

Nemoid
08-31-2003, 10:59 AM
Love the 2nd version!! great modelling , was looking to your way to put polys and edge flow wich is great indeed. :buttrock:

omega-0nd
09-01-2003, 07:59 AM
yo guys, thx for all replies, i appreciated very much! proceeding in order...

>> aurora

thanks. well, i didn't model breast's armour cause i liked to show body textures, cause i had in mind a tattoed breast, so with the armour this was impossible...

>> Jonathan

>> Facial Deluxe and all other wireframe lovers (me too...)

orc armour wireframe (http://0nd.org/temp/pics/orc_armour_detail_wireframe_010903.jpg) (215+ kb)

>> Philours
hehe thx for the tips, but i don't wanna touch again the body...i mean...stop with this damn body :)

>> mohh

the prob is still the same...missing time...i spent some months to finish this, but workin on it 30 min at night...now i've to model something else...and hope to update the tut :)

>> Leigh

eheheh, u've a very sharp look for armour design yep? it's true, i'm truly inspired by japanese armour etc...i really like that design :)

for the shoulder probably is a scar, but i'm not sure...

now i think to adjust a little the armour then i stop this project, i've really to change model cause sme monts on this are too many...hope, when i'll have some spare time, to texture (uv are already set) /rig/pose him...but not now

mohh
09-01-2003, 05:08 PM
I know what you mean about time. :)

johnnyh66
09-02-2003, 10:26 PM
He's that buff orc that all the chicks dig.:love:

digones
09-03-2003, 12:51 AM
Hey Omega! That's superb work!

you will texture him?

see ya!

stilian
09-03-2003, 02:58 PM
i like modeling its great ;p if you wil set up and animate this charecter and wath softoare wil use for this

ThirdEye
09-03-2003, 04:36 PM
Fantastico finora Omega! :thumbsup:

omega-0nd
09-05-2003, 11:18 AM
woah guys, thanks for all replies :)
this is the last modify i'll do (by now...) at my orc.

orc armour (http://www.0nd.org/temp/pics/orc_armour_050903.jpg) (130+ kb)

>> digones
hi dig! well the problem is the missing time and now i'm really bored to proceed this project...it has been streched too much...maybe i'll texture it in the future, but now i've to change air :)

>>ian_bg
if i will modify it, i'll use lw...but before i've to learn how to animate :)

>>ThirdEye_01
ehheeh grazie mi fa piacere ricevere complimenti da te, sei molto bravo e tieni alta la bandiera italiana qui insieme ad altri...bene bene... :)

Werner
09-05-2003, 11:30 AM
cool orc omega^0nd! solid modeling, and I cant wait to see the textured version. :buttrock:

the torso seems a bit long...might be the perspective view...not sure.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.