PDA

View Full Version : Animation: student short

nat
06-26-2003, 07:59 PM
hi every one,

this is my 2nd animation short for my post-diploma at the Ensad (France)...My life's as a student is over (feels weird!) and I'll be searching for a job soon...
Anyway, I hope U like it :)

The video weight 22 Mo (Divx)

http://nathalie.routin.free.fr/forum/320.avi

the title is: "At the water's edge" ("Au bord de l'eau" for frenchies :)

nat
06-27-2003, 05:10 PM
any comments? please?

ctaborda
06-27-2003, 05:31 PM
Well, I like it alot, specially that it is kind of interesting, but I think it is lacking environment and lighting, the water looks like plastic, and the reflection of the guy looks bad, the reflection should look different, more glassy and more turbulent, not like a mirror.

I also dont like the colors, in spanish I call those colors "PASTELES", I don't know if in english it would be "pastel" colors, but well I think stronger colors and some TEXTURING would be good, it looks way too simple, the characters also lack some detail.

I think the animation could also be improved, maybe a little more human-like.

Carlos.

nat
06-27-2003, 07:29 PM
well carlos thx for your reply :)

yes the colors are "pastels", It was a choice.
And about the animation and the characters I didn't want to do something realistic...I wanted it to look like an illustration.
But I agree with you, technicaly I'm not a professional for sure :)
I just finished my diploma so I do need more experience.

If the film made you escape a little, it's good for me!

ctaborda
06-27-2003, 09:34 PM
you're welcome, I really enojoyed how the kid was buggin her from the tree.

nanabaky
06-27-2003, 10:23 PM
Oh dear that's so cute !

Joli travail nathalie et ton équipe, c'est tres poetique, j'aime beaucoup :)
On ressent une grande sensibilité dans l'aspect de l'image, les couleurs, les formes...
Juste un petit défaut : la musique parfois trop basse, parfois trop forte, un manque de justesse en somme.

Mais c un beau travail :)

Nice job !

Mythigo
06-27-2003, 11:01 PM
I thought this was very well done. Sure, there could be some refinements, but I think this was great overall. I loved the tranquil mood; the colors were very appropriate. The story was nice and surreal. You've got a great style going.

danylyon
06-28-2003, 06:21 PM
I like it a lot!.. it has something very peacefull.. especially because of the music. I really like the style and colours!

I missed the shadows a bit though.. I understand that you didn't want any due to this style.. but I think some very soft coloured shadows would have added a lot and give more variation. It would have taken away from the rather present 3D look aswell.

The other thing I thought were odd.. were the bubbles. They looked more like solid glas and especially at the top shot they moved to fast. Maybe that was your intention.

Anyway.. great work! :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.