PDA

View Full Version : Foot expression problem

Breed47
01-20-2009, 06:56 AM
I got a little problem. On my system I run Messiah 3. I also got Joe Cosmans Rigging 2. Starting with "Nate" I completed the whole rig. But when I came to the expression part at the foot I got some hughe problems. When putting the two expressions on Nate_ArchR and Nate_ToesR The Nate_ToesR flips 180°. Why is this?

Thanx
Daniel

isobarxx
01-20-2009, 05:32 PM
You can add "+DTOR*180" or +180 to the expression to fix it, I forget which is appropriate. DTOR is a constant, so you can write in degrees and it'll convert to radians when the expression evaluates.

MarkInTx
01-21-2009, 03:10 PM
Yep, this is a strange one... There is more detail in my old thread here:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=92&t=614136

Breed47
01-21-2009, 06:53 PM
Thanx a MILLION! The +DTOR*180 worked perfectly. I just noticed in JCīs vid the heading of Nate_ArchL are pointing forward. Doing the SAME as he does my heading are pointing BACKWARDS. Strange, isnīt it?Thanx again guys!!!

MarkInTx
02-17-2009, 01:25 AM
Thanx a MILLION! The +DTOR*180 worked perfectly. I just noticed in JCīs vid the heading of Nate_ArchL are pointing forward. Doing the SAME as he does my heading are pointing BACKWARDS. Strange, isnīt it?Thanx again guys!!!

Is is strange, I agree. And stranger still... if you edit his expression, it will mess up on you... I don't know if you saw my post on that towards the end of the thread...

Joe knows Messiah Mojo we don't know...

CGTalk Moderation
02-17-2009, 01:25 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.