PDA

View Full Version : characters: Björk & Woody

Andreasson
06-26-2003, 05:05 PM
http://www.graphicpunch.com/3DImages/BjorkWoody.jpg

Hi there, I'm new on CG talk and working on a series of charicatures. It is supposed to be 6-8 of them when finished. Feedback is appreciated!

Andreasson

aylora
06-26-2003, 05:17 PM
I think they are great. A specially Woody.
I think you should work a lite more on Bjork's eyebrows and mouth. Maybe a more detailed texture. And the tongue is a bit too red ;)

You've done a great job, I hope woody ends up on the frontpage.

/Aylora
aylora@spray.se

aylora
06-26-2003, 05:20 PM
Såg att du jobbat på rithuset. Jag tyckte väl att jag kände igen din stil. Går det bra Ney work annars?

/Ramona (aylora)

tpe
06-26-2003, 07:24 PM
Excelent, truely excelent. Hate bjoerk but thats nothing to do with the model ;).

tpe

jellyfish
06-26-2003, 07:42 PM
I agree about the tongue, although her lipstick is usually bright red, she can't paint her tongue that color, and I think it would be more impressive with a more natural pink tongue. But you've captured her attitude well! and Woody's as well...

jellyfish

Andreasson
06-26-2003, 07:50 PM
Hi! I agree on the tounge color. I remember how I figured; "what color is a tounge" and at the moment I thought It "is red". I didn't look after :) One purpose with the color is to give the image more impact. But I'll try the pink'ish tounge. It's probably better.

Thank's for the encouragements.

Tomas

muki
06-27-2003, 12:38 AM
Andreasson, I can't figure out what bjork and woody have in common, but I love it! You have any other characters?

StefanA
06-27-2003, 01:09 AM
you can check his website

http://www.graphicpunch.com/

and his illustrator site

http://www.andreasson.us/

best regards

.stefan andersson

jushra
06-27-2003, 04:42 AM
outstanding, but i agree the tongue on bjork is too red, very nice

Book
06-27-2003, 07:03 AM
Now that's what I'm talking about! Great caricatures - a great way to deal with cg humans (a lot more exploration in this area needs to be done for cg films). You hit it right on the head! Good job!

tomb
06-27-2003, 08:33 AM
Great caricatures! I feel the skin needs more specular treatment and Björk's toung should be shiny like it's wet. The lighting could be more ambient especially displayed on a white background like this.

Breyne
06-27-2003, 11:12 AM
Great facial expressions. Same comments on the tongue and the eyebrows as stated before. Also the hair of Woody seems to change due to the direction of the light on it. It goes from white/grey to lightbrown/beige. Nothing bothering tho

sebabba
06-27-2003, 02:20 PM
:buttrock: wow..:rolleyes:
thats some nice toon celeb. you have vertex pushed there..
I like bjorks hair, any tips and tricks you want to share. ??
The hilights i dead on.....

so keep pushing...them celeb's..

Bakabalaba

Andreasson
06-27-2003, 06:13 PM
Thank's Guy's and Gal's! Many interesting opinions. The tounge should absolutely be shiny and wet. And perhaps the color is a bit agressive... But I want a sort of toon´ish feeling to the characters as "sebabba" mensioned. Have to do some testing with this.

Woody's hair color isn't shanging by the angle. The third version is a different model(if you look closely the eyes are different and a bit more suicidal:) And the settings are different for the hair.

In the future I want to do 2-3 different facial expressions with each character. To get a hunch of what is possible with the animation. Right now I'm working on Bin Laden=o

For those who are interested, I post 2 screendumps in wireframe and the settings for the hair.

http://www.graphicpunch.com/ExtraPages/WoodyScreendump.html

http://www.graphicpunch.com/ExtraPages/BjorkScreendump.html

Best / Tomas Andreasson

Crapstick
06-27-2003, 07:17 PM
Very Good:applause: :applause: :applause:

Arab Queen
06-27-2003, 10:13 PM
WoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoW!
that's cool:applause:
good job:thumbsup:

Egan311
06-28-2003, 01:51 AM
That's cool! I like Bjork. She's cute. Post some more pics when you're done.......

Good work!

T0BER
06-28-2003, 04:14 AM
Nice, but it looks like there's no glass in Woody's glasses - maybe a reflection map. a specular highlight or/and some refraction.

Andreasson
06-28-2003, 04:42 AM
Ops. Your'e right. But at the time I just didn't think it was nessecary. Perhaps it would be better. I'll keep that in mind next time. Attention to detail etc. As long as it don't get too polished.

Tomas Andreasson

hunter7338
06-28-2003, 06:16 AM
Hey man, Great models ! :applause:

and by the way .............................. BJÖRK RULES !

cocoon :D

ruzz
06-28-2003, 12:47 PM
very well done. u might be surprised, but I think that the Bjork charaachter is better.. she is more interesting in a sense of facial expression, and the over all design is very coherent. some times when making caricatures, going further makes powerful images.
and hey, nice to see XSI talents roaming this forum!

e338
06-28-2003, 04:39 PM
They both look great.
Björk, is REALLY well captured here.
Seen your website as well.
Keep goin' man. :beer:

e338/un gars qui se fatigue sur les forums... et oui...

Captain
06-28-2003, 05:42 PM
Both are superb models, especially the one of Woody. I really like there hair, and I am curious to see any others you might make. If so, make sure to post em.

-Captain

Antropus
06-28-2003, 09:43 PM
Very good work man! :buttrock:
I think caricature rocks. Nice clean meshes and very good hair.

Congrats ;)

Greencheese
06-28-2003, 09:56 PM
Can´t find the words...excellent work!

nat
06-28-2003, 10:20 PM
Speachless! This is really great stuff!
For the red lips, it's not the red that's bothering, it's the lack of contrast in the reds...some areas could be more dark to give a sense of volume...

Anyway, I-just-love-your-work!!!:scream:

Andreasson
06-28-2003, 10:50 PM
Thanks for the encouragements, keep me struggling on:) I have learned one good thing. -Sometime you dont have to work, just by looking and looking at things makes you learn a great deal! You stare it bad!

When I revise Björk, I should give her slightly shiny lips as well. Completely forgot all about it when I made her.

Tomas Andreasson

Egan311
06-29-2003, 01:05 AM
Seriously, you should send that in to Björk's official site:

http://www.bjork.com/

They have a section of fan art on there. I'm sure they'd like to have yours. They might even decide to make a video out of it!

-Greg

Andreasson
06-29-2003, 04:37 PM
I checked it out, but couldn't find any gallery... But a pretty good idea, you never know what's gonna come out of things. What can you loose etc. I think it's good to get some extra motivation with things, to put some extra effort into it!

Tomas Andreasson

bigbad
06-29-2003, 05:03 PM
Great you modelled the two persons i dislike the most. :annoyed:

iBlue
06-29-2003, 05:29 PM
very stylish, great work! :beer:

dimitrios_c
06-30-2003, 02:19 AM
hmmm quite refreshing. What everyone else said I suppose... :scream:

Andreasson
07-06-2003, 08:38 AM
Thank´s for all the comments. I will not do any changes on this particular characters. Instead I´ll sunbmit a new thread regarding Bin Laden shortly.

Best regards / Tomas Andréasson

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.