PDA

View Full Version : Vray render warning.

rodbrew
01-20-2009, 01:42 AM
Hi all,

I would like to add a message that warns a user if his Timeline animation range is not the same as his render frames range when submitting a job to backburner. This is in response to the Vray "bug" that fails to send animation for any frames to the left of the timeline animation start frame. Most notably cameras.

I've tried to set a pre render callback but this doesn't seem to work. I guess I would need access to the on renderButton pressed in the render dialog or something. I could probably build my own render button but this wouldn't be ideal.

Thanks,
Rod

ZeBoxx2
01-20-2009, 02:40 AM
:surprised

anyway - why does the preRender callback not work? it certainly should.. if it doesn't, you could try detecting the submission dialog popping up (dialogmonitorops) and check values at that time.. presuming max has committed any changed values in the render scene dialog.

rodbrew
01-20-2009, 04:51 PM
Hey,

I think the prerender callback is hit only after the job is sent to a machine (backburner) and then prior to rendering there. At this point it is too late since the UI animationrange has to have been already set.

I'll look into the DialogMonitorOps but at first glance I'm not sure it's really what I want. Needs to be fairly easy so our production team will use it.

Looks like a new render button might be the way to go.

Thanks,
Rod

diffx
01-20-2009, 05:24 PM
Hi all,

I would like to add a message that warns a user if his Timeline animation range is not the same as his render frames range when submitting a job to backburner. This is in response to the Vray "bug" that fails to send animation for any frames to the left of the timeline animation start frame. Most notably cameras.

So I'm not the only one with this problem. Keep us informed of your solution please :)

ZeBoxx2
01-20-2009, 06:09 PM
Button (or fix on the software end) 'tis, then - the dialogmonitorops route would certainly work, but it's not quite 'fairly easy' and can flake out (mostly because there's no appropriate calllback for setting up/taking down the dialog monitor when doing the network rendering thing). Just gotta make sure your artists are actually using that button, then :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2009, 06:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.