PDA

View Full Version : Newb Question.

ToiletDuck
06-26-2003, 09:32 AM
Is Lasso the generic pointer tool that you start out with. I am following a tutorial where I am creating a skyscraper and i have to select ever other row of polygons with "lasso" to make windows. Do I just hold shift and drag over all of them?
Duck

MrWyatt
06-26-2003, 09:41 AM
lasso selection means you use the right mouse button and while you hold it , drag arount the polys you want to select. youŽll see a blue line apearing, defining the area you select while draging.

I suggest also you RTM .

Nemoid
06-26-2003, 01:40 PM
there are different ways to select the first one is , with your pointer over what u want, points or polys. in wireframes u select even in opposite faces of the model, while in wireframe shade, for example, u are able to select what u see not going through the model.
lasso is very useful to select great amounts of points or polys, for example the head of your character, etc. use it!! it speeds yor workflow greatly.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.