PDA

View Full Version : Squishy (and Girl), Stahlberg (2D)

Stahlberg
06-26-2003, 10:23 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/566/Squishy_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/566/Squishy.jpg)

I posted this in the WIP forum months ago, now I guess it's finished, although if anyone has some good suggestions I may still work on it some. All Photoshop as usual.

Cyborgguineapig
06-26-2003, 11:40 AM
What in the...:curious:
Her hands are in its head... But So cool!:beer:

iszmatic
06-26-2003, 12:25 PM
Man, you never stop amazing me with your art.

Where do you get all these ideas from ... like it very much

Night
06-26-2003, 12:32 PM
wow its perfect!! :thumbsup:
what software you use? photoshop or painter?
how much time its take you?

:thumbsup:

Breyne
06-26-2003, 12:46 PM
All photoshop as he said.
Brilliant, original idea. Something you come up with during sleeping-time. Or someone with al huge deal of inspiration. Great work :applause:

sebabba
06-26-2003, 01:10 PM
very wierd...indeed... What is Appenin?:rolleyes:

I like the overall feeling, and the light is nice, it migth be nice vith visible light rays from the inside of the skull...

Thats it..:thumbsup: :applause:

sgt1138
06-26-2003, 01:16 PM
Dude... now thats deep?!?! I dont understand it, but I am deeply moved by it... hahah you work is just amazing! What else to say than just "Bad Ass!!!" :buttrock:

dtrimble
06-26-2003, 01:42 PM
Gorgeous work, I wish I had a larger monitor, so I could take in the overall of the image. After looking really too hard to find fault, I ask maybe you are glorifying the bicept on the guy a little, the bicept kinda makes the deltoid look tiny(though I am new to this junk, and thus could be way off.) also the girls face seems odd, something is off. Maybe her brows are too straight to be lifted like that? Or just because the hair hides the forehead scruntch that would happen from that?
But it does look great. I have to admit I been studying your face shapes(from a chart you posted on your site) trying figure out a smile shape for one of my models, and want to thank you for being so generous at posting that as well as wires and structure work, it's been invaluable to me, and I am sure others too:P

lildragon
06-26-2003, 03:17 PM
Really dig the idea Steven, mind control... such a blissful thing ;).

I would have to agree on the bicep, and his wrists are very large in comparison to his hand, it might be the angle it might not. But on the contrary the hands are well done.

I'm also a bit lost as to what is happening in the bg, I see the umbrella covering her and such, but are you trying to represent wind blowing/debris? If not what are those cable like things faint in the bg?

Finally how old is the girl supposed to be? Even with the low cut and drooped dress, there's no evidence of cleavage or any breasts for that matter :)

It's pretty cool work tho, I'm a sucker for emitting light sources. Very worthy of a plug

-lild

cermit
06-26-2003, 03:32 PM
outstanding

Joebount
06-26-2003, 03:34 PM
I say that seriously : Is it a litteral interpretation of an intellectual mastubartion ?

Anyway, great and subtil picture !:thumbsup:

D. Phoenix
06-26-2003, 03:49 PM
Quite original and innovative!

The coloring is superb and I like the translucent effect you created on the head but also the background smoke/steam effect.

mattregnier
06-26-2003, 03:52 PM
I put in my request for a backstory to this. As lild asked, what is going on in the background, I don't think that paper umbrella is gonna protect her from those whipping ropes :D

ezekiel
06-26-2003, 04:01 PM
well to comment on the arm that seems off.... i would say that that is the chubby little arm of a baby. not a man. thats why it looks odd. sorda like her child-like inocence is protection her.

i could be reading too much into that thought.

if im wrong please correct me Stahlberg but regardless it looks great.

-zek

spm
06-26-2003, 04:15 PM
well, by far not the best youve made :). i dont like it. it annoys me. in that sense youve succeeded in creating an image that affects the viewer.

CreatureseEtc
06-26-2003, 04:37 PM

:applause:

Ac0rN
06-26-2003, 04:43 PM
:applause:

Onno
06-26-2003, 04:51 PM
I too, as most of the people here, am a great fan of your work, but to be frankly: I am not really fond of this image... seems a bit dull, strange composition.

Probably too deep for me. :surprised

p0lym0rph
06-26-2003, 04:53 PM
:love: :eek: :applause: great work!

peanuckle
06-26-2003, 04:56 PM
Love the lighting in this A+ work!

pea

Shademaster
06-26-2003, 06:12 PM
This lookd definatly good! His skull looks so fierce and dangerous. They make a lovely pair :D

d4rk
06-26-2003, 06:15 PM
This freaks me out alot, but in a good way. Hey? are you planning on creating this in 3d as well? That would be soo cool!

ntmonkey
06-26-2003, 06:22 PM
Steven,

Great work! I love the lighting from the head. That's something that I wish I could do in photoshop. BTW, did you use a tablet? I can never seem to get my hand to stop shaking when I use those things. Anyway, I agree with lild about the girl's age. She looks 14 size-wise and all. But the anatomy doesn't quite match up. Still, a beautiful piece.

Lu

Hellwolve
06-26-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Stahlberg
I posted this in the WIP forum months ago, now I guess it's finished, although if anyone has some good suggestions I may still work on it some. All Photoshop as usual.

I really like it, but do you have a bigger one for my desktop?

Greetings from Hellwolve, wallpaper collector ;)

HapZungLam
06-26-2003, 06:34 PM
What do you wanta show? does it have some kinda of hidden meaning?

Garma
06-26-2003, 06:52 PM
holy-shit...

Murtaza
06-26-2003, 06:59 PM
Very nice work! I especially dig the translucency on the umbrella :)

onlooker
06-26-2003, 07:28 PM
True art Stahlberg. I am a huge fan of your works, but this one has a different look of metaphoric sensibility that is more openly displayed. In the past I wondered if there was a theme, or moral, or if they were moments of fantasy captured. I think it's Fantastic!!!

pascal_blanche
06-26-2003, 07:29 PM
OMG Steven you're the one :) Just wondering where you found the inspiration for this one.. new Xmen? (ther'es a guy made of wax in the xmen students) Anyway.. youre work on translucsencies is brillant, and I loove the weird feeling of the whole pict ...congrats, you're the best!:beer:

friendlymike
06-26-2003, 07:32 PM
pictures like this usually dont freak me out.... but this one.. oh man... You've got some serious issues...

love it... :shame:

brittnell
06-26-2003, 07:43 PM
(snip) You've got some serious issues...Or some serious chemicals... ;)

Digging the lighting a whole bunch.
Great work!
[/b]

cleptocat
06-26-2003, 07:44 PM
Guys I dont think those cables are blowing in the bg. It looks like there just hanging giving a sense of situation. As far as the wrists go yes they are big but that kinda helps give the freakish issue a little more room to stand...I MEAN HER HANDS ARE IN HIS HEAD FOR CRIPE SAKES!

lildragon
06-26-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by cleptocat
I MEAN HER HANDS ARE IN HIS HEAD FOR CRIPE SAKES!

Yes but her anatomy is correct ;)

-lild

Zithen
06-26-2003, 08:12 PM
First impression was that I love the idea/concept going on. Having her hands in his head and it lighting up is really cool. Love it smoking, glowing. Love the legs on her.

But it took a few seconds to figure out what was going on with the head and the body. The body seems out of proportion with the head, (arms and shoulders) and since his neck is in shadow, my eyes didn't connect them visually at first. I thought the head was floating or something. Since the teeth are sharp, I assume it's some kind of monster, but then the arms and hands are very human...so I wonder what the heck this guy is.

I'm not sure what the girl is feeling/thinking with her mouth posed like that. I would assume she's meditating, but with the mouth open...it looks like she could have...something in her mouth.

Maybe that's intentional...if so, interesting.

strick9
06-26-2003, 08:47 PM
I love it, except like some mentioned earlier the forearm looks a bit off. I might almost like this image better without the hand holding the umbrella entirely. The girl, and creature are very nicely done.

sad
06-26-2003, 09:17 PM
i'm happy to see a new stahlberg work though i'm not convinced of the glowing head...
technically very professional as allways:applause:

jtk77
06-26-2003, 09:29 PM
All very nice , but the cable in the middle ( background) closes to his head light -source doesn't seem to be effected like the rest of the imagery in the same space?
ha, anyway, far better than my paiting but thought I'd bring it up since its bothering me for some reason. I could be wrong of course.

KotsVlok
06-26-2003, 09:44 PM
Lovely ;)

[boehoe-i'm-not-worthy-of-commenting on you] But isn't that big toe a bit TOO big? :blush: [/boehoe-i'm-not-worthy-of-commenting on you]

l_farley13_l
06-26-2003, 09:48 PM
Rendered it Lovley, but I think onno has a point, the composition while not abstractly terrible, is not giving a clear staging to the characters. [it's confusing ;)] And I think a little more work with storytelling would help the image immencely :)

Farley

aurora
06-26-2003, 09:51 PM
As always spectacular! The only neg crit I have is actually bogus since I believe the lighting is correct. But with the bright light on her right leg it makes it look alittle to flat or even concave. Like I said I belive it would be correct just lloks strange. This image reminds me of the Hell God 'Glory' from Buffy's 5th season.

markw7
06-26-2003, 10:11 PM
I agree with previous post about slight similarity to a Frank Quietly X-Man design, Glob Herman, you can see his skeleton and organs through his wax skin, but also the Legion of Super Heroes' Validus.

Looks like a Blade Runnerish setting ... perhaps, hmm, Thailand (?), where its real humid, rainy (hence umbrella), but the girl's cold and she's using her freakish brother as a heater? It's electricity, though,... okay, I'm confused.

Beautiful. Some of your modeling / lighting techniques remind me of Frazetta, this time around her toes. That bicep's on steroids, though.

erilaz
06-26-2003, 10:21 PM
Beautiful lighting and a lovely rich colour in that umbrella. The work on the girl is fantastic. My only crit is the head on the other person. I love the off-the-wall look, but the proportions of the head to the body just seem a little comical.

I'm thouroughly mesmerized though...:D

danphillips
06-26-2003, 10:28 PM
Now that guy is whipped!

Awesome!! His thumb looks a little off maybe.

slaughters
06-26-2003, 10:29 PM
The whole "she's controlling the monster while riding him and manipulating his head" just shreiks Freudian symbolism.

I always thought Freud was a little disturbed though. :)

It did take me a while to understand that the arm/hand was part of the same creature that the head was attached to. Partly because of the contrast in scale between the two and partly due to not seeing how the head/shoulders/arms are connected because of the lighting and the composition.

Nedim_S
06-26-2003, 10:34 PM
This was made in Adobe Photoshop 7? Or in AP 100.7? Man, great work. I didn't know that is possible with AP. Deep work and you made a movement in me. You intrested me more for Photoshop. Can you give me a list of litrature you used to learn Photoshop?

The-3D-Data-Labs-Guy
06-26-2003, 10:37 PM
:) Hmm.. this place looks so cool.. Good work!

clojster
06-27-2003, 12:08 AM
I really like the idea... and conduct too! Great :buttrock: :thumbsup:

ZVAN
06-27-2003, 12:33 AM
Wow, stalhberg, your work is really amazing... i see your work in expose.. REALLy that piece worth the frontpage... =):applause:

malcolmvexxed
06-27-2003, 01:07 AM
lol he says all photoshop as usual and somebody asks what software he used two posts later. anyway i like it save for the criticisms everyone mentioned. the arm and body definitely are too separated. I just love the way she's using him like a flashlight in the sewer though. Very nice imagination. love the way his pinkie is extended onhis right hand since he's holding the delicate umbrella lol

Julez4001
06-27-2003, 01:07 AM
Just ading to an already long list of accolades.

dimitrios_c
06-27-2003, 02:22 AM
The lighting has it!! :thumbsup:

I wonder what it would look like if the hue values were experimented with...hmmm

eLm0
06-27-2003, 02:46 AM
amazing

comment: expose2 cover:shrug:

bigray
06-27-2003, 02:47 AM
Very cool, gets the viewer talking and thinking about it and what is happening.

:buttrock:

Rhino169
06-27-2003, 02:58 AM
Great way to get rid of a migrane! or a hangover! :beer:

Beautiful job!! :bowdown:

Looks like a great story idea.

illustr8rX
06-27-2003, 03:56 AM
Excellent work. I really like the proportions of large hand/wrist it works; there is no 'correct' anatomy...it may look different, but who knows how big a 12 foot glowing headed guys' bones grew ;) ...tho' i do have trouble with the transition between bicep and deltoid.
I think the lighting is fantastic too, Your use of light and shadow is always very well done. the steam has a great feel. the pipes/tubing work well too, but the one leading our eye back to the girl from his hand looks too prominant, but that is probably just me- like every thing else here, just my worthless opinion. Great work... have you started modelling it yet?

Stahlberg
06-27-2003, 04:34 AM
Thanks everyone! I find all comments useful, both positive and negative ones.
Negatives mentioned in more than one post include the proportions of the guy, the age of the girl, weird background, backstory, biceps, composition.

The proportions of the guy: well she has to sit on his shoulders, with her hands in the center of his brain, so his shoulders have to be huge but his head has to be not so huge... I guess his hands don't need to be so huge.
Age of the girl: I was trying to make big breasts, but first the shadow from the apron ended up all over them, and then when I added the smoke... well. I'll make her face look older. I was going for contrast between the characters, probably too simplistic.
The background wasn't very important to me, I just thought cables would be cool and not so hard to do... :) I'll try rain, to match the umbrella, see what that looks like.
The backstory: (well mine anyway... please post your own if you like) I imagined he was a beast of burden, perhaps with some defensive/offensive capabilities, controlled by direct contact with the brain instead of some dumb leather harness or something.
About the composition, I agree and I think the main problem is the shadow I put on his shoulders/upper arm, deltoids - if I put light on the deltoids there will be a better flow.
(And I'll make the big toe smaller too.) :)
edit: No I haven't started modeling, not sure if I ever will because I usually don't... that other one, was the first time I ever did one finished 2d piece and then a 3d from it... I'll most likely do it again, just not sure if it will be this particular image.

I used Photoshop 5.0 with a Wacom Intuos tablet. I did read one book on PS many years ago, but there wasn't anything about painting in that one. I have a cloud painting tut on my site, that shows pretty much how I use the brush (very simple, don't expect too much). For PS painting also check out Craig Mullins, he's the best.

izzylong
06-27-2003, 04:42 AM
DUDE, I am speechless as usual m8!

Awsome composition, and use of color.

Superb.

glenrm
06-27-2003, 05:15 AM
Is she a slayer of some kind? Very interesting stuff, I would change the large hand to something else, of course I don't know what and I could make a picture 1/100 th as good, but it would be interesting to see a version 2.0 with a different umbrella holder, perhaps a good glowing angel...

HapZungLam
06-27-2003, 06:24 AM
is there a special reason that you use Photoshop 5?

personally i think photoshop6 is the best workflow.

Stahlberg
06-27-2003, 07:03 AM
I tried 6 briefly at another company I used to work at, and hated the way they moved everything around (as usual, but even more than usual). After that I never bothered trying to get used to it, I just use the app I'm comfortable with. Lazy I know, maybe one day I'll learn how to use version 8 or 9... :)

Bilbo_Baggins
06-27-2003, 07:30 AM
Hi, Stahlberg. First I just want to say that you are great. :) You are the kind of person that makes me want to get good at CG. I always love what you do and this picture is no different. Just the overall idea and feel of it are awesome, as well as the skill involved.

But I do have one problem/question. The part of the smoke in the attached picture looks weird to me. Why is it like that, instead of being like the rest of the smoke?

And second, I feel like the background is kindof empty. Even with the wires it looked empty. That is just my opinion, though. If you don't agree, fine by me. ;) I was thinking some kind of nature environment behind them? It all depends on your story. Maybe they are wandering in the forest on a rainy night doing something. It seems like she is kindof outdoorsy type with that kind of clothing on.

Thanks for listening.

koinu
06-27-2003, 07:49 AM
Some things that are bugging me are: the glow from the skull would light up her chest more than you've got it and the umbrella needs a tad bit more reflective light on it from the skull. The skuls lower jaw looks too wide to me or maybe it's because I'm up so late working. As for the breast size I think that it is fine being usually asian women have smaller breasts unless they are mixed. The forearm of the arm that is holding up the umbrella looks a bit too thick. Other than that all I have to say is *right click**save**:bowdown:

nat
06-27-2003, 09:19 AM
I really like the lightning in your image, the girl looks pretty good too...
But I think the other character doesn't fit with her...

She would be great near a wooden house under the rain, holding a small light in her hands (+ the chinese ombrella...)

Anyway it's my personal taste sooo...

spike-lee
06-27-2003, 10:23 AM
I really enjoy your so great work!
Would you mind me introducing you to the so many Chinese readers (about 130.000)? I am an editor of Chinese Fantasy Magazine, It will be pleasure to have chance to do the excited work! My email is that dingjianwei@hotmail.com, it will be qppreciated that you could contact me! I believe the chinese readers must will go crazy with your images!

Levitateme
06-27-2003, 10:30 AM
thats great.

spike-lee
06-27-2003, 10:34 AM
I really enjoy your so great work!
Would you mind me introducing you to the so many Chinese readers (about 130.000)? I am an editor of Chinese Fantasy Magazine, It will be pleasure to have chance to do the excited work! My email is that dingjianwei@hotmail.com, it will be qppreciated that you could contact me! I believe the chinese readers must will go crazy with your images!

Popsicle_g
06-27-2003, 11:19 AM
The style reminds me of something from Spirited Away... Great work.

eyewoo
06-27-2003, 02:38 PM
Wonderful... Very serious composition going here!!! Beautiful work!

Beholder
06-27-2003, 04:09 PM
Being original is the best way in the world to get negative feedback. You already know I like it and am looking forward to hanging a print.

Aose
06-27-2003, 04:26 PM
The software is just the tool.You use the edition of the software 5 combine creation excellent work.Like your creative power very much.Wish to hand over with you a good friend!MSN contact!

:applause: :beer: :love:

Nakalay
06-27-2003, 09:09 PM
Haha, pretty good painting!

That giant looks pretty queer :D

AroundTheFur
06-27-2003, 09:15 PM
the lighting on the chest definately feels unfinished, somethings not right in there, and her face really bothers me too. i wish i could tell you why. the lighting on the left arm right at the elbow seems off, seems like the highlight should be angled up more.

the fingers on the giant hand look good and the jelly feel of the squishy guy does too.

jtk77
06-27-2003, 10:25 PM
Steven, I am surprised you have not gotten into the new paint tools introduced into Photoshop 7. They seem more natural with a wacom to me. Wish I had more time.
But hey man, whatever works.

Zesty
06-27-2003, 11:09 PM
I wasn't going to post until I had some artwork to post, so this'll probably be the only thing i say on this forum for a while, so you broke my silence for a bit.. ::Smiles::

but..

In regards to her age, don't make her older, the image has --LOADS-- more power if she's young, kinda like, innocence corrupting corruption. So, maybe make the bicep a bit smaller, ((even though it isn't all that bad)) and work on the background a bit, but keep her age the same.

Oh, yeah, forgot to say, awesome work, I really, REALLY like the artwork you put out, keep up the good work!

Deeug
06-27-2003, 11:56 PM
Speachless....

SketchPad
06-28-2003, 01:53 AM
Inspiring - very VERY inspiring...

It's not the tool - it's the one USING the tool :)

Cheers,
Sketchpad
"Grabs his sketchpad and tries to be like Stahlberg"

Gotham
06-28-2003, 02:42 AM
Hmmm.... It's simply great... I don't know what shall i write.

Your stile... Great organic, lighting... Concept. Hmmm.... GREAT :thumbsup:

Stahlberg
06-28-2003, 08:30 AM
Thanks, all, again!
Here's the final version (hopefully)... :) Among other things I changed the background, his arm, the pattern on the umbrella (yeah that wasn't smoke, sorry), worked on the composition, made her toe smaller...

http://www.androidblues.com/Squichy4.jpg

Aeroplane
06-28-2003, 08:55 AM
:eek: :eek: ....Although i couldn't understand the picture.but it look good to me. All Nicely done!:thumbsup:

Greencheese
06-28-2003, 09:24 AM
This is GREAT! Everything is superb.

lildragon
06-28-2003, 12:25 PM
Ok Steven you got it there nice one :thumbsup:

-lild

ee01akk2
06-28-2003, 04:14 PM
lil d man c'mon. she is OBVIOUSLY a young girl and i mean OBVIOUSLY. u have talent but dont tell me your one of thos cg guys that just lovs doing cg women and breasts etc.. i HATE that. its NASTY. even if she was older itd be better without cleavage. YUK!! anyway. EXCELLENT work. nice atmos, mood etc. excelent execution. AK

sarfarazsoomro
06-28-2003, 05:15 PM
Hi Stahlberg,

this new version is better than the previous... ur work is always inspiring :)

Congrats on this new piece..

jtk77
06-28-2003, 07:22 PM
Great job on the retouch, the background makes so much more sense and the weighting of the emptyness to the left makes you look at her on the right. I really dig the change.
Her toes and legs look amazing in this vertion.
She definitly seems to have that teenager ganglyness, not sure the age you intended in the end.
To me it looks like a Beast of Burden as opposed to an abduction as I percevied the first one to be.

necron99
06-28-2003, 09:44 PM
Hey - Saw this over at poo - really like where it is going. It is unique. Love the traslucent skull thing.

I would love to see a version where the creature is flailing out of control...:applause:

Gotham
06-28-2003, 11:14 PM
I like new version much more...

Mondo
06-28-2003, 11:45 PM
AWESOME!!! Looks good

sad
06-29-2003, 12:46 AM
i like the first background more! this one looks so empty...:shrug:

Blackhorse
06-29-2003, 02:55 AM
cool, nice composition and the theme.

mehdianim
06-29-2003, 07:13 AM
Great stuff !! I like the whole impression of the piece. I don't even mind the proportions being off; If you look at the face the proportions between the eyes and the Jaw is also off. I think the rest of the body being off works along with that and makes the character consistently awkward. I like it :D
To me it looks like you knew what you were doing. :buttrock::buttrock:

eLm0
06-29-2003, 07:30 AM
love the fix up
background feels more empty now. but i still like it maybe just put something simple on the horizon line

still amazing :beer:

Stahlberg
06-29-2003, 08:07 AM
Thanks, I did put a faint horizon line there but it's just too faint... I'm reluctant, if it's night and raining, there wouldn't be much natural light. Maybe some artificial light in the distance.

ee01akk2, I did an update just for you (and over-wrote the last one): she now has bigger and better lit breasts. :)

NanoGator
06-29-2003, 08:11 AM
Wowwww....

malcolmvexxed
06-29-2003, 10:31 AM
very cool re touch. just a recommendation regarding software, i thought the opacity settings and general interface of Photoshop 7 were much better than any other version. If you're like me and don't really use too many of the other features I really think it's worth it to upgrade.

markw7
06-29-2003, 04:09 PM
Version 2 rocks. Maybe it's just a more refined face, but it looks like she's got a completely different expression. She seems more in control. She looked like she was working harder in the first version. The rain is a big improvement over the cables. That one cable blended into the giant's hand too much.

URI::G
06-29-2003, 04:45 PM
If there's anything I would change it would be the face of the girl. Her childish face and the large breasts doesn't fit IMO. But still, it's a great image.

iBlue
06-29-2003, 05:32 PM
this is beautiful, its very orignal and very stylish, i love it! :)

New
06-29-2003, 09:17 PM
As always it's amazing.
Perfect.

iszmatic
06-30-2003, 11:01 AM
Like very much what youve done to it compared to the 1st version, the rain really creates a better (subject to opinion of course) environment and I can only agree to what has been said regarding the girls facial expression and overall anatomy.
The way you have shifted the light on the creature's arm makes it look a lot more natural (as natural as a 2 foot thick arm can be anyhow) and isnt as "annoying" (can't find a better expression) as in the 1st version .

Really man... Any chance to get this one as a poster (or a high res. for printing)? Could look at if for hours....

Andreasson
07-02-2003, 05:18 AM
Dali, dig a hole and jump in! This is probably where the road ends in surrealism. Thank's Steven!

Tomas Andreasson

eYadNesS
07-02-2003, 05:24 AM
:thumbsup: Very nice steven...

ceql
07-02-2003, 05:41 AM
Awesome! :applause: hehe I love it how Steven paints some SSS-like effects into his images (esp well done in the hand!) :D

cobaltx
07-02-2003, 07:38 AM
i love it:love: :thumbsup:

yiran
07-02-2003, 08:26 AM
very good

slaughters
07-02-2003, 02:37 PM
The arm ties in much better than with the first image. I do think you need something added to the background. It should be some kind of light source that could explain the rim light effect that seems to be happening on the "left" side of the hand and arm. Street Light? Lightening bolt? Japaneese hanging paper lantern?

-YoD-
07-02-2003, 03:15 PM
this pic is incredible ! I love that ! :)

Xtronik
07-02-2003, 05:09 PM
nice work till now.. waiting to see more..;)

Kel Solaar
07-02-2003, 05:22 PM
Now it's perfect, impressive work as usual :)

spm
07-02-2003, 05:57 PM
the latter image was better, though not good for your standards. but anyway, nice to see youre working on a new girl ;)

lildragon
07-03-2003, 11:55 AM
The last one did it buddy ;)

You have received the CGtalk choice award .Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Inspiring work!

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame (http://gallery.cgtalk.com) - which you are now placed

http://www.cgtalk.com/plug_award/cgtalk_award_july03.jpg

P.S. Please email me @ tito@cgnetworks.com so I can send you the award .psd file

salud

olijosman
07-15-2003, 08:17 AM
Itīs perfet for me!! PERFECT . The light and shadows, the idea, all!! :thumbsup:

Icestar
07-15-2003, 02:41 PM
one word fit enough. awesome!

CGmonkey
07-15-2003, 03:21 PM
To be really honest (no offence stahlberg) I like your first version the most. In the new one she got some bigger breasts, some dull background and his tatoos (or whatever) is gone making the arm.. well unintresting.

Though it's an awesome piece nevertheless, I can't really judge because I'm not ranked high enough for you to value my opinons. I have your first pic as my desktop image though!

Sytron
07-15-2003, 03:31 PM
impressive work!! :eek:

Intonater
07-30-2003, 06:15 AM
Really Awesome Work !!!
I favor!!!:applause:

Meilinia
11-18-2004, 08:52 AM
Nice colouring and very imaginative, But also a bit creepy ^^;

mayavi22
01-15-2005, 09:16 AM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: stalhberg is the best.
he never ceases to amaze........... just love this painting.:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.