PDA

View Full Version : Manga Model

Heinz
06-26-2003, 08:29 AM
Hi guys...

Started modelling this Manga inspired character... will be used in my showreel only... rigging ang texturing her now...

Please make comments.. :)..
http://www.magicpixels.no/babe1.jpg http://www.magicpixels.no/babe2.jpg

Shade01
06-26-2003, 08:34 AM
I'm not sure of the style you are going for but the arms seem way too short. If you are going to use that on your showreel you should really go back and optimize your poly flow and use edge loops. You should look at some reference and try to follow the flow of the human muscles. I think you are going to have a tough time getting good deformation out of the way you constructed that character. You also need more polys in the joints.

koinu
06-26-2003, 08:40 AM
Heinz: as far as anatomy goes you have problems with the arm length, her wrists should reach to her hips and there is a problem with one of her triceps.. It's got the droop.....Pump up the poly count of her and she'll look alot better form wise. Nice model other than that....:thumbsup:

Heinz
06-26-2003, 08:56 AM
This is the 2'nd character i have ever modelled... so will be working on her for a while trying to make her better...

Thank you for tips... working on her arms right now.. making them longer.. and trying to some muscles there... also trying to make more polys in the joints... fixing up some shoulder problems..

will post progress later...

SimianLogic
06-26-2003, 02:53 PM
Other than the stuff the other guys already mentioned, I think it looks pretty good. Are you going to model the face or do it with textures to get that 2D anime look? My only word of warning is to be careful with the skirt. It looks pretty good, but it's gonna be a pain if you start making her walk.

zerobde
06-26-2003, 07:44 PM
cool, some manga! been looking all over the lightwave forum for some manga stuff. keep up the work and keep us posted. i'm still working on my first and i'm using the joan of arc tutorial as a basis of the model. i have a long way to go though... i'm stuck at her butt lol.

Joan of Arc (http://www.3dtotal.com/ffa/tutorials/max/joanofarc/joanmenu.asp)

E.Z. Schwartz
06-26-2003, 08:33 PM
Just curious, but what are you making a showreel for? I can't figure out what it'd be for if you're only on your second character model.

minus
06-26-2003, 09:28 PM
I dig the boots... :thumbsup:

vorlon
06-26-2003, 11:33 PM
I like the hair. People use plugin to do hair, but for manga style, polygon hair works well.

Nemoid
06-27-2003, 10:40 AM
Well, i like manga models!
:buttrock:
viewing your mesh all i can say is that's a good start, but you have to modify some proportions.
usually female manga character's legs are more long than normal, while the chest is usually strectched.
this to give to the figure more elegance and sex appeal.:drool:

in your model arms appear to be short

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.