PDA

View Full Version : Character: Pu

SheepFactory
06-26-2003, 08:06 AM
Hi guys ,

Started modelling this yesterday , Hoping to use it for some test animations i have in mind.

Software used : Wings 3d

http://ali.cgcommunity.com/puwire.jpg

and a smooth one:

http://ali.cgcommunity.com/pusmooth.jpg

Rip it apart for me please :)

Joviex
06-26-2003, 08:21 AM
First thing that stuck me, HIPS!!! Where are they?

And then down the leg to the front knee cap, there is none. Both of these areas seem to blend right into the entire leg.

The head and arms are looking good, but the neck and chest could do wiht more pulling out, or bulk. The neck may only need some more definition, as it seems too smooth also ATM.

Is this ok with the new critque rules?

JamesMK
06-26-2003, 09:43 AM
Overall - not at all detailed enough yet (which probably is because you've just worked on it for one day)...

If you're going to do a lot of facial animation I think that mouth is going to get you in trouble. There are some nasty lines (in sideview) going straight down from under the eye and team up with the last edges of the lip's corner - it looks too messy right now with some loops really close, while other polys are far to large where there needs to be more subdivisions.

It would probably get more personality (it looks like it will have a lot of it already) if the head would be pushed forward even more, and the lower back given even more curvature to balance it.

Oh, and the wrists look kind of broken here (you might not have adjusted the hands after bridging them into the arm) - but I'm sure you already know that.

Other than that - get back with some updates with more detail on the torso and legs.

A promising concept though - it's like E.T. meets Ninja Turtles :D

The Cross
06-26-2003, 09:55 AM
The feet need more detail to match the rest of the anatomy, and you gotta take care of that seam running down the center of it's body.

SheepFactory
06-26-2003, 04:07 PM
Thanks guys ,

Belly down is not detailed cause I havent got to it yet working on it now.

Are there any good reference out there for face edge loops? I want t do some facial animation with this character but dont know how to fix the problem james mentioned.

I'll fix those and post an update tonight,

lildragon
06-26-2003, 04:25 PM
Heya Sheep, you're also going to have to fix the wrist b4 you start rigging, right now it's not aligned with the forearm, it'll be a pain if you don't.

There's alot of detail in the hand itself but not the real focal points that will do most of the bending, like the wrists, knee and elbow. With that said your elbows will pose a prob come deformation time. As it stands now you bend at the elbow it will retain it's shape. See attached

For the facial loops try this http://www.cbsp.com.br/3d/Pictures/Daniel/Edgeloop_e_1600x1200.jpg

Can't wait to see some animations ;)

-lild

bonko
06-28-2003, 06:49 AM
I'm not going to comment on the body because its a little funky. The face is absolutely genius though. Wow, great design. Seriously keep the face and delete the body or drastically fix it. Try to match the rhythmn you have in the face to the body. Right now it just doesn't compliment it and this character is screaming to be great. I really, really dig the face.

Wiro
06-28-2003, 08:55 AM
I really like the face as well. It's got great personality and I can imagine some funny facial expressions possible there.
Like JamesMK said the loops could use some more work though. They should either follow the contours of the head's features or cross directly over them. Have more loops circle the eyesocket and mouth and don't have them angle too sharply (i'm especially directing that at the mouth corner). Also space the edges more evenly.

Like you said, the body is still in early stages but I like the overall proportions. I too think more of a slouch would fit him though.
I did notice that the neck muscles seem to be attacked quite far out on the shoulders. Maybe move them in a bit.

By the way, I tried to attach a pic here bit got an error message (Page cannot be diplayed). Upon backpaging my whole message disappeared so this is my second time typing.
Seems like I can't attach anything without getting an error. Anyone else have this or is it on my end? The filesize is fine...

Wiro

JamesMK
07-11-2003, 10:17 AM
Yo, Sheep! We want to see an update here soon! You can't just let such a great looking head disappear into oblivion in the dark backalleys of your HD... :shame:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.