PDA

View Full Version : Character: Hunter

maxmare
06-26-2003, 05:11 AM
This is the latest image I have created and I was having a short animation in mind whilst doing it. Critiques are welcome. I should mention I entered the image in a competition but did very badly, so I'd like to know if you see it as a boring concept.
Thanks.

http://www.maxmare.com/max_files/big_files/hunter.jpg

Feanoro
06-26-2003, 05:15 AM
Nice work, but the tubes on him look stuck on.
Also the blade material doesnt look quite right.

:thumbsup:

Yoshua
06-26-2003, 04:02 PM
Great work! :D

He looks a bit Shiny, the Tubes look like their stuck on, and the Horns look like their stuck on the Rock (animal). The way the Blade on the Spear is attached, does not look very convinsing.

Also Im not sure what the Feathers and the Teeth are attached too. Finally some of the Textures look a bit plane, they need to look more weathered and worn.

Thanks, keep it up.

Joss
06-26-2003, 08:17 PM
this is very cool. it sparked some ideas about a story.

when I first saw this I thought the native was hallucinating that he slayed the long-extinct Triceratops. kinda like how Don Quixote imagined he slayed a dragon but it was a windmill.

so this guy imagines that a certain rock looks like a prehistoric lizard, then goes back to his village a brags to everyone that he's this great warrior. :D oh well.

but then I saw the tubes coming out the guys's ribs and thought otherwise.

so what's with the tubes anyway? the tubes man... the tubes.

The-3D-Data-Labs-Guy
06-26-2003, 10:08 PM
cool stuff dude.. keep it up!

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.