PDA

View Full Version : Time slider not working?

Levitateme
06-26-2003, 03:03 AM
i am brand new to MB, im watching the 3dBuzz videos on animation rightnow, buzz is animating a box. if i move my key frame slider to like 30 it goes back to 0. if i type in like frame 30 it stays were it is. no matter what it always goes back to 0. i doubt i have messed with any defaults. anyone know what is going on? thanks.

LFGabel
06-27-2003, 09:16 AM
When you scrub the timeline, the frame snaps back to zero? That sounds pretty strange.

As for entering values, are you hitting return/enter after doing so?

Levitateme
06-27-2003, 09:27 AM
hi lfgabel,

so that isnt normal then right? maybe i should reinstall? i have no idea why its doing this. yes i press enter after tying in a fram to go to . but no matter what it goes or stays on 0. any ideas?

LFGabel
06-27-2003, 09:45 AM
No, I've never heard of this problem ever.

Perhaps head on over to the forums at Kaydara and ask there? You usually will get a response from a Kaydara employee in a pretty timely fashion.

Levitateme
06-27-2003, 10:13 AM
ok yah i posted a few days ago, i still have go nothing , i even emailed them. thanks though ill try reinstalling i guess.

CurtisG
06-28-2003, 09:09 PM
Hey Levitateme,

This is a known issue and should be corrected in the next version of Motionbuilder. When this happens, hold down the 'J' key and left click-drag the mouse in the viewer. This will jog the timeline for you.

Cheers,

Levitateme
06-28-2003, 09:21 PM
hey curtis, thanks once again i was worried i would have to reinstall again. it would not have been a big deal just time consuming. i did that it worked thats just awesome! btw MB 5 i cant wait i have actually started animating since last time you helped me out mb is just fantastic thanks agin.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.