PDA

View Full Version : music driven animation

PowderMonkey
01-17-2009, 03:12 AM
hey team,

there's a piece of music that's by one of my favourite artists that really inspires a story in my head, one which i've wanted to animate for ages. i've now got a whole lot more free time than i did last year (long story) and really want to knuckle down and get it made.

the music has a strong beat and certain sounds that i want to sync up with bits of the animation. there are no lyrics, and will be no lip syncing. the character doesn't even have a mouth ;)

i'm using maya 2008

i have a pretty good idea about the character design and set, and am currently in the process of modelling and rigging both.

i have absolutely no idea about where to start on the animation. i've never done lip syncing before, and i imagine that music driven animation would be using the same tools? i've done basic walk cycles etc, but have a firm grip on the principles of animation and how they apply.

any help would be great (which tools i need to use, any tutorials that are out there, any advice at all about what to avoid or what not to avoid... )

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2009, 03:12 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.