PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable fingers

nottoshabi
06-26-2003, 02:12 AM
Does any one remember how to make adjustable fingers and automated at the same time? :shrug:

I knew but I forgot. :hmm:

kiaran
06-27-2003, 07:28 AM
1.)edit->'add attribute'-> indexCurl, middleCurl ect... to a locator
2.) Use 'set driven key' with the added attributes driving the rotation of the joints.

this is for maya.

MDuffy
06-27-2003, 05:12 PM
Usually you'll add two sources of data together and then send the sum to the actual joint/null being controlled.

For example, in Maya you could have an attribute for curling the index finger, and it generates values that are plugged into all three of the index finger's joints (IndexCurl). But then you have three other controls which control the joints individually (IndexA, IndexB, IndexC). You would use a plusMinusAverage node to add the IndexCurl and IndexA value together and put it on JointA. Then you'd add IndexCurl and IndexB together and put it on JointB, etc. Then you can use the IndexCurl control to automate the entire finger at once, and the individual joint controls for tweaking on top of that.

That's the basic theory at least.

Is that what you were looking for?

Cheers,
Michael Duffy
mduffy@ionet.net

nottoshabi
06-27-2003, 07:08 PM
MDuffy thats exactly wht I'm looking for.

I have tried your method from the basic idea you have described in the previous post, but somethings just dont ad up. Can you be a little more specific. Please? :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.