PDA

View Full Version : hair material using a Image with UV for color.

pelos
01-16-2009, 07:06 PM
Hi,
how do you set hair color using an image?

i want to make a tiger hair, i follow the xsi documentation, but still cant get it to work,
i have a cluster for the Skin of the tiger with will be the object hair emitter, i Get > Property > Texture Map > Texture Map and set it to use the UV map i created for the body of the tiger.

then i select the tiger then the hair, transfer map on the hair options, and select the texture map that i created,
then i got stock,

when i try to modify the hair material and connect an image to the hair tip A as the manual say, i want to set it to use the UV map but dosnt show there.

i did this several times, but i assuming that i am doing something wrong,

any one have a tip on this? thanks guys.

CoolCalb
01-16-2009, 07:24 PM
Hi,

You'll need to "Transfer Map" the UV from the hair emitter (your object) to the hair object.
Select the hair, then in the hair panel, click transfer map, and from an explorer, select the
UV you want to transfer from the object. Once done, now you can go to the hair shader,
and plug in an image node, select the texture and UV, and you are there...

pelos
01-16-2009, 07:27 PM
thanks cool,
so i have to Choose the UV map from the original geometry, not the texture map?

i don't need to create the texture property and all that stuff if i all ready have it?

let me check as soon i get to the office to check that up,

thanks =).

pelos
01-16-2009, 08:08 PM
You are the Man!

yep the other step where in case i didn't have any mapping done to the geo.

thanks,
just transfer the UV i selected and Vouala =).
thanks again.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2009, 08:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.