PDA

View Full Version : goal particles to an animated texture/image sequence...

RhythmOfLine
01-16-2009, 05:36 PM
i have spent a lot of time trying to figure it out and I feel that I am close but not enough. gotta come up with something that really works this way. i have browsed through this whole forum for any possible answer as well but none is so appealing.

goaling another set of particles to texture emitted particles don't work for me since I am killing the original particles every 0.1 seconds so they don't 'lag behind' or 'drag' with the animated sequence.

i'd appreciate if I can get a clear and precise answer of how to go about doing it and not vague ideas. i have also tried the colorAtPoint command approach of querying the alpha at the goal U and V positions of the particles in relation to the black and white image sequence but I feel I am missing something else since it ain't really working for me.

thanks for your guys's help in advance!

cheers,
SD

RhythmOfLine
01-19-2009, 06:41 PM
any takers? i really need to figure this out. i am sure there must be some way to goal particles to animated black and white textures so that it only follows black pixels.

RhythmOfLine
01-19-2009, 07:19 PM
ok, so this is what I have in mind:

1. Sample pixels every frame of the image sequence assigned to a surface as texture using the colorAtPoint command.

2. Check if its black or white.

3. If its black:

a. Find out its corresponding U and V value.
b. Goal particles to those U and V values.

This would also need to be a runtime expression since this is an animated image sequence.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2009, 07:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.