PDA

View Full Version : lights in Combustion*2

p8!
05-03-2002, 12:40 AM
Hi
I am wondering if anyone has really tried to push the envelope with the lights in C*2.

Such as adding to rim lights ( in a 3d comp) or ???

thanks

p

p8!
05-04-2002, 12:32 AM
well i notice some others have at least checked out this post
:D :thumbsup:

how about just asking for any comments about using lights in combustion at all
:surprised

replys greatly appricated

P8!

toonman
05-04-2002, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by p8!
well i notice some others have at least checked out this post
:D :thumbsup:

how about just asking for any comments about using lights in combustion at all
:surprised

replys greatly appricated

P8!

Well... I haven't used them to correct lighting to an already rendered shot, but I've used them to add lighting to certain parts of an image... I had a shot I worked on where a live-action actress just had her hand rised like holding something... so I had to add an entire solar system spinning around her, and the sun had to be sitting on her hand, so I used 3dsmax to create the 3d elements, which I imported into combustion as rendered RPF files. I added lighting to the girls hand to get more saturation in the palm of her hand, and to get the tone the sun had. The rest was just adding color correction, glows, flares and grain... but that's as much as I've got from lights so far... I'm sure I'll get a lot more that that from them... cheers!! :airguitar

KEKS
05-05-2002, 02:12 AM
well when working in 3d compositor I use lights to fix the shadows and then add the blurs and things like that to get a real shadow. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.