PDA

View Full Version : baseball throw (WIP)

arijitg
01-15-2009, 05:42 AM
hi!
I am still working on this baseball throw animation(WIP).So,please give your feedback.Thanks:)
http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=ww8AP74cJBM&feature=channel_page

Wilson-3d
01-15-2009, 07:05 AM
Hi arijitg,
This is really looking good. I think it may be worth throwing in 6 or so frames right around 40 to have him ease out of that far down pose. May give it some more weight and add some texture. Nice work.

arijitg
01-15-2009, 12:23 PM
hi Wilson-3d !
Wow!Thanks a lot for the quick response..well it was looking a bit slow I totally agree with you!..Anyways i fix it!.More feedback please!Thanks!
http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=6pWl7OYXjRA&feature=channel

Wilson-3d
01-15-2009, 04:12 PM
Does not look like the youtube link is working.

Robski
01-15-2009, 06:45 PM
it looks good, but the thing that stands out is the lifting leg, seems a tad slow and the left arm needs to pull down and around....its at the point when he lands with his front foot...the arm position is what im talking about....

its picky stuff hope you get what im saying

arijitg
01-16-2009, 08:25 AM
it looks good, but the thing that stands out is the lifting leg, seems a tad slow and the left arm needs to pull down and around....its at the point when he lands with his front foot...the arm position is what im talking about....

its picky stuff hope you get what im saying

Thanks a lot Robski!..ok i did few adjustments in the leg there..hope it is working now.please see the link below.

Does not look like the youtube link is working.

Ok Wilson-3d I did few more correction now..sorry for the youtube dear.. I can understand
how difficult it is to watch the video over there soo.. you can watch it here
http://boxstr.com/files/4656826_4n4w6/baseball_throw_(WIP).mov
more feedback guys!please..thanks!

Robski
01-16-2009, 09:10 AM
it looks great..but again the left arm oncce it hts F23 keep that position and drive it to frame 31 ....as a pitcher it should drive to that position.....out and around...i used to pitch in high school.....other than that it looks great

KyleG
01-16-2009, 08:49 PM
This is looking really good, the main thing that is bothering me is the how he steps back after he throws. f42 he plants his screen left leg, then then 7 frames later he steps back with the same foot, this is really quick. Since he has so much momentum going forward it feels weird for him to instantly step back after the throw, if anything I would have him take extra steps forward. But if you really want to have him step back have him hold in the down pose around 42 then step back and slow down the steps back as well, as it is now they happen very fast. Keep going man!!

Wilson-3d
01-19-2009, 12:32 AM
Hi arijitg,
I sure don't mind checking out animations on Youtube, I just thought that link was not working. But it sure is easier to view at the new link either way. I think what KyleG said is along the lines of my first comment. I like the extra frames in there but I think it is a pretty linear stand up. Perhaps try "stealing" a few frames from between 48 - 59 and adding them in right around 41 to give that more ease out. Either way I think tweaking around 42 to have that ease out would add to it. And then break up the pacing of those last few steps. It is really looking good!!

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2009, 12:32 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.