PDA

View Full Version : blockfighters, a semi 3d space shoot em up

alano
06-25-2003, 07:42 PM
Hi,

blockfighters is a semi 3d space shoot em up. the exact details of the game aren't fixed yet.

Some early screenshots are available at

http://home.planet.nl/~woute890/programming.html

A demo can be send to seriously interested artists.

I'm looking for a 3d modeler that can make spaceships. No strict time requirements, the models remain your property etc.

if interested send an e-mail to a_waterdrager@hotmail.com

cheers,
Alan

alano
07-05-2003, 07:05 PM
oke i've made a webpage with the demo on it.

http://home.planet.nl/~woute890/blockfighters.html

it's going to be a classical top down scroller. power ups. boss ships.

for more details contact me. also if you have any questions, like splitting profits etc.

-Alan

Keiyentai
07-06-2003, 12:46 AM
Sounds cool and look verry similar to a game that was made for Dreamcast. Though I think this post should be in the games section. :thumbsup: What kind of ships would you like and do you mind if some one uses LightWave?

alano
07-06-2003, 03:50 PM
Hi ya, I'm pretty new here and haven't found the games section.
I was directed here by the artist that made de spaceships in the demo unfortunately he's very busy with real-life stuff.

The modeller can design the looks of the spaceships the way he/she likes. As long as they look tough and not fluffy.

Lightwave is fine with me. I'm using static .x models at the moment but I think Lightwave can export to them. If that's not possible I can code a lwo loader.

thanks for your interests.

Alan

Keiyentai
07-06-2003, 03:58 PM
hmmmm sounds cool. THough I'm in two projects now so I dont know if I can help now :hmm: though if I have some spare time I might be able to make a couple ships. WHats the poly limit?

alano
07-06-2003, 04:09 PM
Have you tried the demo?

The limit is 400, but that's more an estimated guess. I'm pretty sure you can make a nice ship under that. Only need the top half ;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.