PDA

View Full Version : The Green Eagle

smiljan66
01-14-2009, 06:02 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/258608_1231959773/680bound
(http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/258608_1231959773/1024bound)Hello this is my second entry , i have to say that was tremendous work this time i wasnt create a pattern of leaves , instead i scale and rotate and put each leave that you see in the green eagle , and plus puttin 4 tones of green material , to be more natural , i have to say that took me a loot of days putting each leave , it was almost imposible to finish i almost resign this project but at last i finish , it was made with a lot of patience believe me , all days , contnuosly , well ...made in 3d max zbrush photoshop and combustion ,and i have to model a eagle in zbrush and start putting each leaf in the model , this is my best work of leaves , but i wont do it again in my life !...well you know doing that can make anyone crazy ,
i hope you will enjoy my work ...Smiljan66

Cyberone
01-17-2009, 03:03 PM
looks good....but not surreal at all....and the "leaves" are still very uniform

smiljan66
01-17-2009, 05:36 PM
thanks anyway you point of view i like the leaves as it is , and my surrelist goal with this entry was ok to me , but i think is surrealist , and ok i can say is not all 100% surrealist but is ok with me thanks for the appreciaton

ArtisticEndeavors
01-17-2009, 06:34 PM
From the wiki: Surrealist works feature the element of surprise, unexpected juxtapositions and non sequitur (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_sequitur_(humor))

So from that description I also don't think this is very surreal. Unique...definitely. But then again I'm no art major lol. Maybe try putting the eagle into an environment he wouldn't normally be seen in? Or maybe make the tree surreal as well?

I do like THIS IMAGE (http://smiljan66.cgsociety.org/gallery/712067/) and think that that one is a perfect example of surreal work. The simple fact that you have a ladder there when the person "trapped" could easily climb the tree makes it surreal in my eyes, though I may be interpreting the wiki a bit to literally...again I'm no art grad.

Also, despite what anyone says in thier critiques, and in who's thread they say it in, it's not your place to correct them. Mods are here for a reason. I do understand your emotion, though, but don't bite the hand that feeds you. Once you hit the submit button you subjected yourself to any and all critisicm, despite the fact that you didn't like the feedback you received...you asked for it.

smiljan66
01-17-2009, 07:12 PM

smiljan66
01-17-2009, 07:24 PM

AdrianLazar
01-17-2009, 07:28 PM

smiljan66
01-17-2009, 07:30 PM

AdrianLazar
01-17-2009, 07:43 PM

smiljan66
01-17-2009, 07:43 PM

smiljan66
01-17-2009, 07:50 PM

ArtisticEndeavors
01-17-2009, 08:07 PM
check your pm box
well your word crap will be reported to administration of cg society so watch your words pal
Next time you decide to make posts out of anger....think again. That way you don't have to edit them out before you start reporting posts to the admins that were spurred on by the posts you've erased. Accountablitly is a trait that is often ignored in todays society.

smiljan66
01-17-2009, 08:22 PM

ArtisticEndeavors
01-17-2009, 08:29 PM
Please do! The only thing I've done so far is go off topic with this post and the one before. The boy that cried wolf was my favorite bedtime story as a child! And its a shame you didn't read my pm, but lets be honest....I didn't expect you to. Accountability is a great way to measure a mans worth. Continue to think others are wrong or out of place with what was said while you pretend you've done nothing. The other guy might have been out of place...I dont know I didn't read his post, but I can almost asure you that if he did attack you it was a direct result of the words you used in the posts you've erased. Seeing as you didn't read my pm I'll reiterate a part of it here: If you want respect you should try giving some respect.

smiljan66
01-17-2009, 09:09 PM

ArtisticEndeavors
01-17-2009, 09:13 PM
well your word crap will be reported to administration of cg society so watch your words pal
well i don aist my time reading your crap Reported someone for something you did yourself as well. How admirable!

reported . and grog up and write it will be erased and i dont readf all the crap you write moron
Report away. You may be able to erase your posts so that noone can read them, but you can't erase mine, and you've broken more rules than I have and now you can add calling people cheesy names to that list. Seeing as you've given no respect you now get no respect, at least from me. Let others respect you if they choose.

smiljan66
01-17-2009, 10:49 PM

ArtisticEndeavors
01-17-2009, 10:50 PM
administrator will erase this i dont car if a gringo estupido write hereKeep the derogatory name calling coming!!! I love it. To bad your wrong. I'm puerto rican. Let's hear a rican joke now. I'll make you a promise, every time you make an immature comment intended to belittle me...I'll respond to it.

smiljan66
01-17-2009, 11:02 PM

ArtisticEndeavors
01-17-2009, 11:03 PM
im not your girlfriend so stop writing mediocre gringo

I'll make you a promise, every time you make an immature comment intended to belittle me...I'll respond to it.EVERY time.

smiljan66
01-17-2009, 11:04 PM

AdrianLazar
01-18-2009, 07:16 AM
administrator will erase this i dont car if a gringo estupido write here
nice language, I'm sure that the administrator will love it!

Just a little note, every reply you wrote arrives in my email, and in every one that subscribed to this thread and that's before you edit your post.

chilombiano
01-19-2009, 11:15 AM
smiljan66.

You are destroying the image ( or what is left ) of colombians with your comments over here.

please stop.

ysvry
01-21-2009, 10:03 AM
great work , sure it surreal, having leafes for feathers.

smiljan66
01-21-2009, 03:04 PM
Hey thanks ! at last some one with comon sense thanks , i knew it ! this commentary defines that i was right it is surreal but by the way i dont pay attention to the jelauos people that was saying that it wasnt surreal , thanks body this reply makes me happy again!!:thumbsup:

RobotClayton
01-21-2009, 07:21 PM
I'd like to present you with the award for "Most Moderated Post Ever!" Congrats!:bowdown:

figueroa
01-30-2009, 01:37 AM
I may regret this but here goes.:D
heres from wikipedia on surrealism
Surrealist works feature the element of surprise, unexpected juxtapositions and non sequitur (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_sequitur_%28humor%29)
I think you have the non-sequitur down, ie the leaves for feathers and what appears to be a clock for the eye but I think the element of surprise still needs to be touched on. Just a thought but maybe adding something else odd or out of the ordinary.

Just a though and dont flame .........

chilombiano
02-01-2009, 05:01 AM
hehehe! . here we go again!

ArtisticEndeavors
02-07-2009, 12:07 AM
I may regret this but here goes.:D
heres from wikipedia on surrealism
Surrealist works feature the element of surprise, unexpected juxtapositions and non sequitur (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_sequitur_%28humor%29)
I think you have the non-sequitur down, ie the leaves for feathers and what appears to be a clock for the eye but I think the element of surprise still needs to be touched on. Just a thought but maybe adding something else odd or out of the ordinary.

Just a though and dont flame .........I wouldn't expect him to change a thing or take your words to heart if I where you. I said sorta the same thing a bit ago and got nothing from the suggestion other than being called names and having my intelligence insulted.
From the wiki: Surrealist works feature the element of surprise, unexpected juxtapositions and non sequitur (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_sequitur_(humor))

So from that description I also don't think this is very surreal. Unique...definitely. But then again I'm no art major lol. Maybe try putting the eagle into an environment he wouldn't normally be seen in? Or maybe make the tree surreal as well?

smiljan66
02-07-2009, 01:53 AM
Don worry fellows , your opinions doesent appear , because yoo are ignored , i dont have time to read it so good luck , if other people can read it so read it.

chilombiano
02-08-2009, 08:27 AM
smiljan66, it seems that you have become an URIBESTIA. or in other words ..the surreal aspect of all this is You.
good luck

redbyte
02-08-2009, 07:37 PM
Wow. I've seen some posts in my days but I've seen anyone take a constructive critism quite like smiljan66.

This is the design community. We give our unbiased opinions and in return we get unbiased opinions back. This isn't to take a dig at ones character or put each other down, but to help us grow as artists.

If you disagree with what was said, tough! It is someone else's opinion that they are entitled too. And by posting this thread you have invited people to give their opinions. They may be wrong or they may be right it doesn't matter.

You've displayed your true character in this thread, which is unfortunate because it stinks. I think you may have tainted your entry into this competition just a tiny bit. ;)

TheANIMAL
02-19-2009, 02:39 PM
Wow, this thread delivers.

On dotted lines by the way.

CGTalk Moderation
02-19-2009, 02:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.