PDA

View Full Version : Character:Heavy Gear cell shaded

Asgar
06-25-2003, 04:38 PM
Ops sorry i do a mistake with the thread title...Now it's better!!:thumbsup: Made with poly modelling in maya default scanline render!Please tell me what do you think about!!
Hi!
Asgar

http://www.reimanndesign.com/~italy/gundam.jpg

m.h
06-25-2003, 05:20 PM
Looks really nice! I love the colors :thumbsup: What cellshader did you use? Think you could show us some wireframe?

Asgar
06-25-2003, 05:21 PM
Thanks!!...ehhm i use use a cell shading made by my self...

nickRX
06-25-2003, 06:19 PM
doesnt really look cell shaded to me.....no offense...

Durahl
06-25-2003, 08:52 PM
That's a Northern Hemisphere design, right?

Hmm... The design itself is really cool but because i'm a great fan of the HG Series i wonder about 3 things...

1. What are those 2 cylinders on the shoulders of the Gear supposed to be?
The only thing on a gear that would fit to them would be the piston housing of the gears engine but that is mounted on the back of the gear... Not on his shoulders :
2. Since this is a "heavy" gear... Where are the tracks under the feet for the cruising mode? ^.^
3. I really wonder how the arms bend to the front without an axle between the ellbow and shoulder...
( don't get mad... I'm just a technik freak... )

Btw... This gear cries for a Particle Cannon and Anti Gear Missiles ;]

Asgar
06-26-2003, 12:27 PM
Nickrx:Yes it is a cell shaded!But with this i want to make a mix from classic cell shading to a blinn!so it's not totally a cell shading but it works like it!!!
Durahl:Yes i did'nt know very well Heavy Gear character!So...sorry but since i post this character on a lot of forum like a gundam they say to me "That's not a gundam!!it's an heavy gear!"!!So take it like a big robot mix from a gundam and a heavy Gear!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sorry for my bad English!

Wait for more comments...Thanks
Asgar

jbw
06-26-2003, 01:15 PM
I like the rendering - I'd personally go with illustrated look rather than cel-shaded look. :)

One thing, and I'm not sure cos I'm not really into Mechs, are his thumbs the right way around? From the render it looks like his thumb is pointing backwards?

ta,
jbw

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.