PDA

View Full Version : Come visit me

Shade01
06-25-2003, 03:46 PM
Finally updated my website. I don't profess to be a website designer so it might be a take a few seconds to load initially but please stop by!

http://www.ecreativityworks.com/

Rabid pitbull
06-25-2003, 04:04 PM
for some reason the link is not working. :shrug:

Shade01
06-25-2003, 04:07 PM
is anyone else having problems? The link works for me so I'm not sure what it is.

You do need flash.

Remi
06-25-2003, 04:12 PM
Worked for me Shade....everything looks good...a little thin in some spots...and i'll tell you what really rubs me the wrong way...having a section that leads nowhere....like your tuts page...if you don't have anything yet don't put up a link to it yet....I can't stand clicking on a link that takes you to under construction text...other than that, it looks good...nice work:thumbsup:
ctrl d'd...hehe:)

Rabid pitbull
06-25-2003, 04:17 PM
well now it works... not sure what happened, we will just blame my crap ass dial up connection! Site looks nice loads fast and the gallery images also load fast. :thumbsup: nice work in there too.

Shade01
06-25-2003, 04:25 PM
Hey thanks for letting me know that rabid pitbull! I was trying to make it load reasonable fast for dial ups but I wasn't sure how well I did since I'm on broadband.

And Remi... I kow what you're saying I agree with ya! I know me though, and I don't do those links when I'm making the page it might not get done at all :)

aurora
06-25-2003, 05:17 PM
I managed to get it to load with both NS 7.01 and IE 5. Remi I agree with the under construction pages. Yet I side with Shade01 in this. If I do not add it, then I might tend to never get to it. If I do add it then I feel pressured to get it done. Plus Shade01 is not really taking us through another time wasteing page loadup before we learn its under construction. I'm also looking forward to more on Ultraviolent. Looks awesome, I'm assuming thats your work Shade01?

codewarrior
06-25-2003, 05:50 PM
the link works fine

codewarrior
06-25-2003, 05:51 PM
i loved the tumbnail hover

nice shots ! congrats

Triple G
06-25-2003, 07:05 PM
The site looks great...the more I see of Ultraviolent, the better it's looking. Keep up the kick-@$$ work, Shade! :thumbsup:

Raymi
06-25-2003, 07:19 PM
Worked fine for me!
Love the colors you chose.
The only little thing I might consider....if I were you....would be to sharpen up the banner image a bit. Specifically the text on the bottom advertising your services.
Other than that...fine job!!!

leigh
06-25-2003, 10:14 PM
Overall the look of it is cool - nice colours and images.

However, I am unsure of the necessity for using Flash for this... I personally find Flash mostly a bit over the top these days, especially for a site like this that would be really easy to do using normal HTML.
The main reason that I am mentioning Flash in this case is because of the loss of clarity that it causes with the text and images. For some reason, static text in Flash always looks crap - it's blurry.
The images also look really blurred.

Joel_Longie
06-25-2003, 10:31 PM
Hi Shade01,

Overall I like the look of it. The only thing for me that I would rethink is the size of the top banner. It seems to too big, overshadowing your content and taking up screen real estate. I really like your domain name, sounds professional.

Shade01
06-25-2003, 10:45 PM
Hey everybody, thanks for taking the time to look and thanks for the crits, I consider everything that's said.

A few people have said I could sharpen up the banner image, which I may do. I may also make it smaller altogether.

@Leigh- Actually I probably would have preferred html, but I don't know html, I know flash :) yeah I know, html is easy but at this point and time I'm not really interested in relearning it.

This time though I took more time to make sure it would be easier for me to update and change things. Instead of one big flash file with everything crammed into it, it's a bunch of little pieces I can update and change individually, so I can certainly toy with it more than my old site.

lwbob
06-26-2003, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Leigh

The main reason that I am mentioning Flash in this case is because of the loss of clarity that it causes with the text and images. For some reason, static text in Flash always looks crap - it's blurry.
The images also look really blurred.

Usually that is because the person doesn't know what they are doing. Images default to smoothing an not everyone catches that. Having flash control it got much faster response than multiple html pages.

I liked it. I'm not saying Leigh is wrong though.

MrWyatt
06-26-2003, 10:21 AM
for some reason the imagelinks on the gallery donīt work.

Nemoid
06-26-2003, 01:57 PM
Nice web!
only one thing the links are not so readable, because the color is not enough dark. also they appear blurred.

by the way, the quality of your CG works make me forget all this!!!!:thumbsup:

lwbob
06-27-2003, 07:53 PM
bump, for Shade

Rei Ayanami
06-27-2003, 08:03 PM
Shade the site loaded damm fast on my 56k, so i think its just some ppls connections (i am uk).

i remember a bit on ultraviolent (thinking of Ultraviolet everytime i say that) in 3D world, great to see who is making it, cant wait to see the final eddition.

site is good IMHO, but the banner yeah too big and stands out a mile from the rest of the page.

Shade01
06-27-2003, 08:03 PM
Thanks, lwbob! This weekend I will go through and fix and add some stuff to the site.

I've got my own forums now, still setting it up. The idea is not to be another Lightwave forum, but a place to discuss general theories about 3d techniques, and as a place that also focuses on 2d techniques and traditional animation and the filmmaking process.

LiveFlash
06-27-2003, 08:35 PM
Hi there,

I come here to read stuff everyday, but hardly post as I have nothing to say most of the time!

Anyway, I just want to say nice site my man! I love the cel shaded look.. WHEN I make my movie I will be using a cel shaded look as well! :)

About your site, I would publish the flash file so that its 100% of the screen size. This way people (like me) won't get Horizontal scroll bars - which mess up your site by making it look very poor. :p

You have to remember, when you make a webasite you have to accomodate for 'all' potential visitors.

Maybe designing the page so that it fits on a minimum of 800X600 - thats the standard rule used on most pro websites!

Anyway, Good luck with your projects! :beer:

lwbob
06-27-2003, 09:28 PM
Just don't force the browser full screen.
:)

That really sucks when you have dual monitors.

Nemoid
06-28-2003, 10:04 AM
I have a slow connection and i have to say that:

1) Flash is too heavy in loading movies and all that stuff so usually a skip movie is required. i like the fact of animated logos and things, but if this slow me seeing the site i'm not happy. i am talking in general, and this doesn't touch Shade1 site.

also i think pro's and companies really have no time to wait for this kinda things wich sometimes are also not so well done indeed.

now there is ADSL, in wich i'll change soon, and many people have it,so, the middle way is the best. using Flash , but in a light way.

2) i hate when the page forces I.E. to full screen.I HATE IT! also i hate floating windows wich usually appear to cover smth in the web, so that i have to drag them where i want them to.

3) browsing must be as easy as possible so things must be in a logical place!!

4) i'm sure that the quality of images and animations one put online , wich is the case of Shade1, is the best way to make see what one is capable of. so misleading and distracting things in sites are not so useful.
they make people watch for other things than your work.

nuff said.

Shade01
06-28-2003, 10:18 AM
Don't worry Nemoid, I wont force full screen, nor will I start animating logo's or adding sounds to every button. My goal is to keep the shockwave file size small, preferably under 150k.I'll probably reduce the size of the banner and increase the resolution of some of the images but that's about it for now, other than adding content over the next couple of weeks and getting my forum set up.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.