PDA

View Full Version : could i get good hardware details for 3d

OpoZZumi
05-02-2002, 08:42 PM
So as i asked i'm in need of infó for a good hardware for rendering and things like that... at the time I have 1200@1333 amd tb 896mb pc133 and freaking slow :thumbsdow gf2mx by asus. It really annoys when everything renders so slowly and if u could tell me what could be the best hardware for rendering i'd appreciate it :)

Rabid pitbull
05-03-2002, 01:52 AM
render speed is highly dependent on thew CPU, and has nothing to do with the video card. the video card is strictly for open gl real time rendering. Changing to DDR ram may help, but then again a new processor is only gaurantee for improvement, it could be that you are having another problem related to the system software, try defragging and optimizing hd it cant hurt anything.

3DMadness
05-03-2002, 04:16 AM
What Rabid said is right, video card have no influence in rendering speed! If you want the best hardware for rendering, go get a Dual Athlon MP as fast as you can buy (the fastest today is the MP2000+ at 1.67ghz) and a gig of DDR PC2100 ECC registered RAM.
Cheers!

Flávio

ZrO-1
05-03-2002, 10:32 PM
One thing to keep in mind is that render time for Pro 3D apps is nothing like renders for games. A professional workstation-class graphics card will only help you up to the render process. As soon as you render (either a frame or a batch) it is entirely done in software by the CPU. Going with the fastest and most powerfull CPU is the only way to speed up the render process (unless you can get your hands on a render farm ;) ). Right now the Athlon XP/MP run the high-end 3D apps the fastest. Both can be run in a dual configuration but only the MP is tested at AMD for that (though to date all XP's run dual fine in all mobo's). As far as the mobo goes I'd recomend Tyan's new Thunder K7X.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.