PDA

View Full Version : WSJ: Autodesk chief Carol Bartz to become Yahoo! CEO

RobertoOrtiz
01-13-2009, 07:58 PM
Yahoo Inc plans to name longtime Silicon Valley executive Carol Bartz as its next chief executive, The Wall Street Journal reported on Tuesday, citing sources familiar with the situation.

Bartz, the former chief executive of software company Autodesk Inc, would be a stabilizing influence on the troubled Internet company, analysts said. But Yahoo shares fell 2 percent as investors seemed disappointed by the choice.

"I think the market may be a little bit disappointed that Yahoo's not going with someone who isn't a little bit more savvy when it comes to technology and media," said Todd Greenwald, an analyst at Signal Hill.

A Yahoo spokesman declined to comment.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_yahoo_ceo

jackburton
01-13-2009, 09:05 PM
"I think the market may be a little bit disappointed that Yahoo's not going with someone who isn't a little bit more savvy when it comes to technology and media," said Todd Greenwald, an analyst at Signal Hill.

What? Maybe Todd's not really sure what Autodesk does. Then again, maybe he is. :curious:

lebada
01-14-2009, 03:40 PM
seeing how autodesk became a monster corp in a tight industry...yet this guys not good enough for yahoo that has done what? lose price on shares for x amount of years? lol. dont know the guy personally but id take autodesk over yahoo currently without blinking (in terms of how theyve been run)

RobertoOrtiz
01-14-2009, 05:43 PM

What? Maybe Todd's not really sure what Autodesk does. Then again, maybe he is. :curious:

These comments give the impression that the analyst at Signal Hill REALLY did not do their homework, or has a funny definition of what constitutes state of the art technology company.

Considering the sad status of Wall Street right now, this type of flawed commentary/advice does not surprise me AT ALL.

-R

Hauzer
01-15-2009, 03:10 AM
To be honest I wouldn't expect any CEO to be savvy about anything. They're so far removed from the process that they are pretty much interchangeable, and sometimes very expendable.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2009, 03:10 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.