PDA

View Full Version : Path Wind and Particle Problems

wizlon
06-25-2003, 10:44 AM
I've created a scene where my particles follow a path, all works well, as long as the action starts at frame 0. - how can I do the same thing but have it all start at frame 120, I've tried enveloping the particle emission but the particles then ignore the path.

Any ideas what I'am doing wrong?

Thanks.

Lee.

Justin W
06-25-2003, 11:10 AM
Hi Lee,

On the "Generator" tab of the particle FX emitter, check the "Fixed" option. This should allow you to select a start frame for the particle system to kick in.

Cheers,

Justin.

wizlon
06-25-2003, 11:27 AM
Thanks justin, I've tried that and I still get problems. The particles build up before getting released.

Here's what I get-

samartin
06-25-2003, 11:32 AM
I did reply to the other thread and then deleted it after seeing the response here as I thought it was a better way...

Anyways if it didn't work here's what I did :-

Goto the birth rate envelope

frame 0 - value 0
frame 119 - value 0
frame 120 - vale 100

that should work hopefully, did here...

wizlon
06-25-2003, 12:44 PM
Thanks guys everything's working now.

I animated the pathwind null at the start of the scene, and then enveloped the particle emission so the emission began much later in the scene, the particles still respected the wind path, even though the wind path animation finished long ago.

Thanks again.

Lee.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.