PDA

View Full Version : viewport.setType #view_iso_user does the unexpected

soulburn3d
01-13-2009, 03:34 AM
So say you have a 4 viewport setup, one is a perspective view, one is a user view. You select the persp view, then run this maxscript command.

viewport.setType #view_iso_user

Your viewport is now a user view from the same perspective as the perspective view.

Now do do the same thing, except have the perspective view maximized so it's the only viewport you see. Instead of creating a new user viewport, it simply swaps the other user viewport into the current view.

Is there a copy of viewport.setType that will always create a new user view instead of swapping out the view with the other user view?

- Neil

Bobo
01-13-2009, 04:34 AM
Neil, it has been that way since before there was MAXScript in Max 1.0.
MAXScript does what the UI has done since day one.

Max has 4 "virtual" viewports. Maximizing one of them and switching to a type that already exists in one of the other three automatically switches to the existing one. The only way I know is to switch back to 4 views, select the one you want to change and change it with all other 3 visible.

soulburn3d
01-13-2009, 05:04 AM
Ya, I've known about the viewport swapping thing for quite some time, I was just hoping there may have been a way in maxscript to get around this issue. Sounds like there isn't. Thanks for the info!

- Neil

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2009, 05:05 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.