PDA

View Full Version : First LW try from Maya user!!! Torso Start

koinu
06-25-2003, 08:12 AM
Well guys a future job has me learning LW and Modeler. So here is two hours of searching and understanding what Lw can do. I'm originally a Maya user and now really like Lw. Hope REMI doen't hate me after this week is up!!!!!
This is my first torso test, I am looking at making a higher res man. So far this isn't smoothed into SubD's or anything special. So if you have tips then shoot them to me, and If you want PM me...

koinu
06-25-2003, 08:38 AM
No ideas Guys, okay starting the tut finder to help me understand more intensly the way Lw works. Great Program BTW. Lovin it

wok
06-25-2003, 09:25 AM
Model is looking pretty good, good to hearr ya like LW!
Be sure to check out http://members.shaw.ca/lightwavetutorials/Main_Menu.htm
if ya havent already

dobermunk
06-25-2003, 09:34 AM
http://www.stickman.de/content/stuff/process/tutorials/tutorials.htm

These are some tutorials I've done for modeling.
Your torso is a nice start, from what I can see of the contour lines, I think you're working form-up (box-modeling).

Particularly beneath the chest pecs methinks your contours are a bit off. i.e. Not following a rib and pec contour, but rather crossing over them.

koinu
06-25-2003, 08:29 PM
Thanks guys,
I'm on those tuts right now and working in Yes the Box modeling form for the torso. Haven't tried the Spline style yet...
ThanKs....
wok: yup Bookmarked it already..Thanks Though
dobermunk: checking your site now.... Thanks

kurv
06-25-2003, 08:33 PM
koinu, I am learning myself but good to have you aboard :) keep up the fantastic work!!

koinu
06-25-2003, 09:05 PM
I Hear from the grapevine tht you LW users love seeing what us Maya freak can do with your app. Weel later tongith you'll see what I've done.
wordwarepub: Sweet see ya in the posts.

kurv
06-25-2003, 09:31 PM
Maya...whats that..?

JK :beer:

Zarathustra
06-25-2003, 09:56 PM
Well, if someone would give me Maya I'd show you what I could do with that:D

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.