PDA

View Full Version : Robot fight (please critique)

csalvany
01-12-2009, 07:39 PM
Here's the WIP animation I've been working on during the last week.

http://vimeo.com/2803939

I'd appreciate any comments/critique you could give me.

Thanks in advance

C4th
01-12-2009, 09:06 PM
love the animation, brilliant test. ummm only critque/comment i can give is maybe about the camera, when she jumps back the camera moves with her, so you dont get a sense of how far back shes jumped >.< (could just be me though...)

love the rest of the animation though realy classy:bowdown: . and your game tests

craziivan
01-12-2009, 09:55 PM
I agree with C4th, also the camera needs to stop moving after a certain point or it becomes to surreal or floaty I guess is the best word. Use a cut, pan and/or truck it. It has to be purposeful. Like the stellar animation you did with the characters. Cameras' have to have purpose and every move necessary.

Great job btw. Did you model the characters yourself?

What's she thinking about before the giant robot pounds her?

Does the robot have awesome ape-like programming and rage? Sucks to be the girl, lol

good stuff man

csalvany
01-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Thanks for the comments.

The big robot model is not mine, but the android girl is. I wish I had time to model more characters, but animation itself absorbs 100% of my spare time, so I have to re-use models from myself and other people and try to do creative things with them.

In fact, I will try to polish the camera moves. I also thought there was something that looked a bit odd.

As for what the girl is thinking... I don't know really :D
I wanted to animate an idle character that suddenly hears something, then that "something" became a giant robot, and so on.
I think I should work a bit more on how what characters think, their mood, affects their animation. In this case I didn't give it much importance since the girl has no facial rig and there's not much I could do.

CGTalk Moderation
01-12-2009, 10:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.