RavenX
06-25-2003, 06:34 AM
A sketch I've been working on for a week or so now. Hand sketched:

http://www.nmi.uga.edu/students/kneal/gx.jpg

Coloring in Photoshop 7.0:

http://www.nmi.uga.edu/students/kneal/gx-wip2.jpg

Airflow
06-25-2003, 06:11 PM
you might want to totaly rethink your colouring on this as it really does nothing for the finished picture, either leave it b/w or do the colour again, I would also go in a more japanize style as western renderings of sf charas are always lacking somthing... good hatching tho.

Keiyentai
07-06-2003, 12:34 PM
Crit time!!

1: THe beads are red
2: his hiar is BLOOD RED as well as his eyes when he is mad
3: Hand guard Red
4: His Gi is a Blackish grey a little darker than what you have
5: Add some flames lol
6: The Kanji symbol you have on the Main bead is not the correct one.

RavenX
07-06-2003, 02:30 PM
Surely you realize, Kaiyentai, that all the things you criticized, aside from wanting flames on it, are open to interpretation. Capcom gave Akuma six different color schemes in almost every game except SSF2Turbo, therefore I'm justified in my color choices. And the kanji on his beads is the correct one, even if it is a little distorted. Feel free to actually critique the DRAWING though.

Keiyentai
07-06-2003, 03:52 PM
ahhh Ok I guess I can let he color slide and the Kanji is right I guess I looked at it more closly. SOrry about that. WOuld be cool to see some flames though. Maybe some Ki energy rising around him. I'm picky sorry :shrug:

nahyo
07-06-2003, 06:09 PM
right hand-forearm connection is off

the clothing fold direction of left leg pant is inconsistent with rest of body

legs seem too short

Aearon
07-06-2003, 11:36 PM
first of all i think that the sketch looks great!

but.. the colors don't do it justice.. i'd give the clothes a more vibrant color..

even if you want to keep the colors give them more definition, i guess you're already working on that though as right now it's only 3 uniform colors on the character ;)

also loose the skin-tone on that 'necklace' and give the belt it's own color

the sketch also looks much more dynamic then the colored version. i can't figure out the reason really, it's probably because of what i mentioned above.. lacking contrast.

i guess i'm mostly telling you things you already know / are already working on, but if that's the case it's only because you didn't comment on your image / what you plan to do with it.. ;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.