PDA

View Full Version : Simple object - complex vertices

thegiantone
01-12-2009, 03:31 PM
Hi all,
First time poster here. I have a somewhat unique problem that I'm hoping the community here can help me with. I need a simple "disk" shaped object with pretty specific vertex requirements: 500 "circles" each containing 1000 vertices. Below is a screenshot of what I have so far, a flattened cone primitive which I've subdivided a few times.

http://www.hazydesigns.com/images/blender_shot.png

However, I can't seem to figure out how to get exactly what I need. Any help or advice would be appreciated, thanks!

handlebar
01-13-2009, 11:15 AM
Add a circle with 1000 vertices and no fill, press e for extrude s for scale followed by 0 to scale the verts to zero. Select the center vertices, press g for grab followed by z and move them up on the z axis to the position you want. Press cntl r and type in 499 followed by enter to validate. Now press a twice to select all followed by w and choose remove doubles. Hope that helps.

thegiantone
01-13-2009, 01:14 PM
Thanks very much! I will give this a try today ... and sorry about the double post. :eek:

handlebar
01-13-2009, 03:47 PM
Glad to help, and welcome to the forum

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2009, 03:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.