PDA

View Full Version : WIP: 10 Second Club Anim Test

Cman
06-25-2003, 06:23 AM
Hi all,
I'm hoping you might download this fbx and give me a little feedback. It's only my 3rd Character anim ever - so you know what to expect! :D

Practice.zip (http://www.m2estudios.com/Temp/practice.zip)

Thanks!

Oh, and he's taking a hat off at the start - but I couldn't figure out the parenting so it's not done yet. Also, at the end there will be a sign on the back wall saying "We serve real ice cream."
It's a WIP. :)

Cman
06-25-2003, 06:56 AM
The zip is updated with the audio file that I belive you need to put in it's own folder (named: DinerScene_Action_Face2.fbm) , in the same location with the fbx file.

roguenroll
06-25-2003, 03:32 PM
pretty nice, i would check out a tute(i think in Kaydara site) that has a caveman guy stirring a pot of food, its a parenting tute.

the guy seems to have his hands go into the counter, other than that great.

r

Cman
06-25-2003, 03:35 PM
Thanks.
yeah, I gotta make another pass at it and look up the hands from the table. I got some good suggestions on the head turn, etc.

Thanks for the reminder on that video - I'll check it out.

policarpo
06-25-2003, 07:44 PM
looking pretty cool Cman!

let me know when you figure out how to get the scene in LW.

you may need to do it in passes.

first the guy behind the counter. and then the order taker. and then composite them.

cool stuff...thanks for sharing.

Cman
06-25-2003, 08:37 PM
Hey Policarpo.
I've read some posts about people having trouble with multiple characters. I followed the suggestions and I did some tests.

The notes go:
Rig each character in its own LW scene.
Export each character as its own fbx file.
Import each into MB, appending the scene.
Do animation.
Select each character and plot them.
Export each separately as a motion file.
Open each LW scene and merge with it's respective fbx motion file.
create a new lw scene and load from scene.
Render.

Pretty intensive. Hopefully the process will be trimmed down with v5.
I didn't get a chance to check the morphs - so I don't know how that'll turn out.
I did find that any parenting gets lost, so I'll do that in LW.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.