PDA

View Full Version : Motion dynamic & collision detection

lhermittem
01-12-2009, 10:38 AM
Hello!
I'm new to messiah and as the docs are VERY limited in some areas (motion dynamics for instance) I'm running in lots of little problems. I'm sure It's pretty basic for you guys...
I setup a flex curve to animate the tongue of a dog. The tongue moves well but I'd like to add a bit of dynamics and still be able to keyfram the motion. So I applied a Motion dynamics over the curve points, in "Hold spring" mode. Of course I need to add colision detection for the low jaw. As using the mesh Itself didn't work, I added procedural spheres, sized them to fill the low jaw geometry /3-4 of them were enough) and added the sphere to the collision object list (under motion dynamics pannel). It doesn't work. So, my question are: why It doesn't work, am I doing It the wrong way and is there a better way to set It up ?

thank you Messiah wizards!

Marc

Parsec3d
01-13-2009, 03:36 PM
Ok might not be exactly what you need but u might try using more than one rig , one for dynamics one for FK and a third one for the geometry tied to the oyher two by a blending slider.
also u might try to get a copy of Joe Cosman tutorials , theres an exelent one on dynamics

lhermittem
01-14-2009, 01:47 PM
The rig for the tongue uses flex curve when the rest of the character uses bones. The rig is just parented to the head bone. It is treated as a separate "rig" when I use the motion dynamics on the curve points and only on It. I'm just trying to setup a collision with the low jaw so that the tongue won't go through. Tried with procedural spheres, effectors... doesn't seem to work.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2009, 01:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.