RobertoOrtiz
01-11-2009, 10:06 PM
http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/01/10/sneak-peak-pixars-up/

Dias
01-12-2009, 01:26 AM
Can't wait for this one. :drool:

Intervain
01-12-2009, 03:39 AM
Russell's really funny :thumbsup:... looks promising [though I have to admit that a recap of each Pixar movie in every little promo video they do is starting to get annoying :surprised]

bobzilla
01-12-2009, 02:56 PM
Looks fun.

That background painting behind the announcer at the end looks exactly like the lost plateau from the original 1925 Lost World. Wonder what its significance is?

Robert Magee
01-12-2009, 05:31 PM
Looks fun.

That background painting behind the announcer at the end looks exactly like the lost plateau from the original 1925 Lost World. Wonder what its significance is?

slashfilm has a nice article inquiring if up is a retelling of don quixote and shows compares some shots with paintings that show similarities.....

http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/12/23/is-pixars-up-a-retelling-of-don-quixote/

NicolasJordan
01-12-2009, 06:20 PM
Strange & bizarre ideas like this can only mean one of three things.

1. Pixar is scraping the bottom of the bucket got new ideas.

2. They are wanting to take on more imaginative and possibly risky ideas.

3. I just lack the imagination to understand it all.

:curious:

polyvin
01-12-2009, 10:53 PM
it looks like it's going to be a funny movie, i think it's an interesting concept. However I don't think i can agree with the physics of the movie, from the video it looked as if they were able to walk on the ground while being attached the very balloon house they fly in, so whats keeping the balloon at a steady altitude and speed so it doesn't lift them both off?

Michael5188
01-13-2009, 01:06 AM
it looks like it's going to be a funny movie, i think it's an interesting concept. However I don't think i can agree with the physics of the movie, from the video it looked as if they were able to walk on the ground while being attached the very balloon house they fly in, so whats keeping the balloon at a steady altitude and speed so it doesn't lift them both off?

You know things like that don't normally bother me, but that did... hopefully some explanation in the movie.

lowercase
01-14-2009, 12:40 AM
[though I have to admit that a recap of each Pixar movie in every little promo video they do is starting to get annoying :surprised]

It's a little bit annoying, but only to us who are already familiar with the different studios and their work. Your average person, however, has no clue which studio does which movie, making it a smart marketing strategy for Pixar.

khendar
01-14-2009, 01:45 AM
slashfilm has a nice article inquiring if up is a retelling of don quixote and shows compares some shots with paintings that show similarities.....

http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/12/23/is-pixars-up-a-retelling-of-don-quixote/

Aside from the fact that its about an old man and a young boy off on adventures, I don't really see that much resemblance. By that logic Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is a Quixote retelling.

PowderMonkey
01-18-2009, 10:20 PM
Aside from the fact that its about an old man and a young boy off on adventures, I don't really see that much resemblance. By that logic Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is a Quixote retelling.

well, you know that there really only are seven different stories.

we'll see when it comes out, it'd be better to start making comparisons once we'e actually seen it, rather than speculating yet =)

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2009, 10:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.