PDA

View Full Version : how do i characterize when my character has no arms?

Levitateme
06-25-2003, 02:08 AM
my character has no arms. any one have any ideas, do i HAVE to chracaterize a character, or can i just start animating it?

CurtisG
06-25-2003, 11:49 PM
Hi Levitateme,

The best way to do this is to create 'dummy arm bones', that you use for characterization, then hide them. The chracter system needs them for characterizing, but after that, you can just pretend they are non-existant.

Then, when you are ready to go back into your 3D package, plot to your characters skeleton, and select the skeleton (minus the dummy arm bones) and do a File>Save Selection. This will just save the bones you broght in from your other 3D package.

Cheers,

Levitateme
06-26-2003, 12:11 AM
so would i make the dummy bones in maya, or is that a option i can do in MB? if its in MB i have no idea how i would do that im so new to this amazing program.

Levitateme
06-26-2003, 12:19 AM
sorry i think i answered my own question i would just make in maya, and then plot when im done and ignore i understad i think. thanks.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.