PDA

View Full Version : Widow Render Tests

3DArtZ
06-25-2003, 03:00 AM
Hey List, I'm working on getting a nice smooth render for my WidowMaker clip.
I'm not overly concerned with shadows and lighting and where they are falling right now.... I'm sort of just fidding with getting the model to be smooth.
crits/comments

thanks
Mike Fitz
http://www.3dartz.com/WIPS/WidEI.jpg

Dearmad
06-25-2003, 08:53 AM
You want advice on smoothing/modeling? So you want spline crits? Need a splined image- and maybe an untextured render too.

As is, however, from what I see, it's looking pretty good from a modeling standpoint. Any area specific you having trouble with?

pdaley
06-25-2003, 03:14 PM
There is some weird stuff happening in her midriff area. Some kind of crease on her midline and another smaller crease that doesn't seem to line up with the ribs. She's looking good other than that, I'd say.

3DArtZ
06-25-2003, 04:15 PM
Hey guys thanks for replying to the post.
Not looking for spline crits, I'm trying to get the colors of the characters image to be a smooth as I can get them.
I suppose the crits I'm looking for are -
"yes it's looking smooth"
or
"Nah kid, back to the drawing board!!!"
I guess I should have been more direct with that.
This is not coming directly out of hash.... I put the image through a very small amount of post production.
Different layers of the same image, one blurred with smoothing in mind, the other overlayed to acceuntuatel and sharpen the edges..
Mike Fitz

John Keates
06-25-2003, 09:48 PM
If you are not using 10.5 then I suggest you see what that can do for you. Biased normals in combination with th enew porcilain can do wonders.

JTalbotski
06-26-2003, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by 3DArtZ
Not looking for spline crits, I'm trying to get the colors of the characters image to be a smooth as I can get them.

Hi Mike, I'm not sure what you mean about colors being smooth. If you up the global ambience in the chor, it smooths things out nicely but removes the darker darks in the image.

I question the use of toon lines with such a realistic lighting setup. The toon lines just make everything harder to read visually. And the dark lighting makes the toon lines hard to understand. What does it look like without the lines?

Jim

3DArtZ
06-26-2003, 04:16 PM
Hey Jim thanks for the emial.
Love the mighty mouse renders by the way.
I'm intentionally putting the toon lines in the render cause I want to have a specific look to the animation. I definatley want it too look more realistic than cartoony but I want it to have elements of cartoon "style" in it.
I don't know, it just looks cool to my eye.
It also restores some of the edge detail after the color, highlights and shadows have been smoothed (blurred) on the character. It gives is almost a glazed or partially wet look, which I like.
I'll post a little more as I make my way throught it.
Thanks
Mike Fitz

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.