PDA

View Full Version : Expose type book for LW users

proton
06-25-2003, 01:45 AM
http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7087

Shade01
06-25-2003, 02:15 AM
Very cool! I wash they didn't exclude so many types of work by limiting it to just those categories, but cool nonetheless!

Now we will get to see some Proton inspired architecture right???

Zarathustra
06-25-2003, 05:03 AM
Well correct me if I'm wrong, but there was no Medical category for Expose. I think it's great for all of us slobs who have to work for a living making beating hearts and buildings instead of playing with fun characters and making them dance all day.

(in case you couldn't tell, I'm jealous as hell of you character makers):wavey:

Steve Warner
06-25-2003, 05:41 AM
If medical is one of the categories, I think chikega will be a likely contender. His "Devilish" head was recently posted here, but if you check his site, it's mainly medical illustrations:

http://www.3ddmd.com/gallery.htm

robinson
06-25-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Zarathustra
I think it's great for all of us slobs who have to work for a living making beating hearts and buildings instead of playing with fun characters and making them dance all day.

Totally Agree

Not all of us are just artists, you know these people with one ear, some of use need to earn some money too…
So I think that’s a great Idea !
Hope these guys get a great feedback, thanks for the link Proton, I will submit some of my work. :thumbsup:

Damn, I really need the time for these dancing character thing !:scream:

Zarathustra
06-26-2003, 04:24 PM
I think this is a cool idea and a chance to get some exposure in places you might not normaly reach. It's hard trying to shop yourself around to get work.

Finkster
06-26-2003, 08:01 PM
Looks like a nice idea there.
Looking at the topics though, they seem to want to show off lightwave more as a commercial/marketing tool, rather than as a fine art tool. Fair enough i suppose, but it wouldn't float my boat....if you know what i mean.

Ciaran Moloney

Zarathustra
06-26-2003, 08:21 PM
So when does a creation become art? Is it only art if it's created for art's sake and not commercial use?

If that's the case, then erase everything off the list like Titanic, X-Men, Star Trek, etc since all that work was contracted for a specific intent and not made simply in the name of art.

Finkster
06-26-2003, 08:36 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that that type of stuff isn't art, just a form of art (commercial, pop, whatever..), that I personaly wouldn't have much time for.:shrug:
Anyway better go before this become a "what is art?" thread.
Cheers

Ciaran Moloney

Zarathustra
06-26-2003, 08:44 PM
Thank you for clarifying

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.