PDA

View Full Version : Scene: a lonely leech

Khepri
06-25-2003, 12:33 AM
just a little image I put together for an artpack.
the theme was lonelyness. a real leech would feel at home in water, but by getting it out of the water and into the rain I tried to give it a more "human" (reconizable)look/feel.

I desided to put the scene into freezeframe mode to give the scene a somewhat extra dramatic look. DOF is very strong on purpose.

hope you like it
http://www.rain3danimator.com/images/leetch.jpg

all textures made(painted/photographed) by myself including the HDRI map that is used for reflections and lighting.

comments appreciated

cheers

dimitrios_c
06-25-2003, 03:03 AM
I like it, only thing is the leaf or whatever in the foreground while fine takes a little punch out of the image...maybey too large an area.

I really like the soft rendering and the color palette.

Creature
06-25-2003, 08:30 AM
While I like the apperance of the image I don't get the sense

victor throe
06-25-2003, 10:09 AM
the different grades in noise prevent it from gelling completely

Yorgo12345
06-25-2003, 04:46 PM
I generally like the compostition, but I dont like the staging/seperation of the leech from the background.

on first glance I didn't even notice it/him (why a leech???) anyway, if there was some lighting or coloring differetiation to distinguish it from the bkgnd it would work better.

The leech is not visually lonely because it blends right into the rest of the image.

Also, the texture qualitly of the leech compared to the rest of the image is a little week.

Even though this image seems finished, it could Strongly benifit from some tweeks/rethinking

I like the way the image looks, I really like it

but

Why a leech???

;)

Khepri
06-26-2003, 12:56 PM
why a leech?

heh

well its a play of words really, it was designed for a artpack called DeLeet(somethingleet.com) and it originally had a text which said: can I be your Leetch?

other than that I think leeches are the most scary creatures on the planet yet they are so delicate and not dangerous/life threatning(unless you happen to fall in a bucket full of them and cannot get out).

anyhow thnx for the comments!

:)

cheers!

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.