PDA

View Full Version : Left Field: I want a Mic.....

Gilgamesh
05-02-2002, 03:53 PM
I want to get a powered microphone to make some decent recordings for sound effects, dialogue, and (wannabe) foley type stuff. I really know nothing about what to look for in a microphone, but it crossed my mind that out of all the lovely people here at cgtalk there must be someone who knows a little something about something. I would like to be able to plug it into my MP3 player also.
Anyway, I don't want to spend too much, but my computer mic obviously isn't going to cut it. Any thoughts on where to look and what to look for? I'm lazy so I would rather ask the question, go to sleep and have it answered when I wake up. Looking for myself I guess is just too difficult.
:scream: <---yawn
Good night.

shoutaway
05-08-2002, 12:29 AM
Sony's ECM-DS70P
http://www.sonystyle.com/electronics/prd.jsp?hierc=8632x8758x8761&catid=8761&pid=9192&type=p

Sony's ECM-DS70P Electret Condenser Stereo Microphone is a high quality microphone for recording on Digital Media such as MiniDisc, DAT and NT Recorders. The ECM-DS70P features plug in power operation, uni-directional stereo recording, direct connection to recorder, gold plated plug, small sized and lightweight.

Sony's ECM-717
http://www.sonystyle.com/electronics/prd.jsp?hierc=8632x8758x8761&catid=8761&pid=4078&type=p

Sony's ECM-717 One Point Stereo Microphone features an ultra-compact One-point Stereo Design for table-top or clip-on use. Ideal for Sony's MD WalkmanŽ and DAT WalkmanŽ Portable Stereos, the ECM-717 features Back Electret Condenser Pick-up Capsules, an Oxygen-free Copper (OFC) Mic Cable, and a Gold-plated L-shaped Stereo Miniplug.

Have a look at the links above. Those are what I have for quick recording on MD and I am quite happy with the quality.

Cheers

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.