PDA

View Full Version : LW conversion problems between platforms

vrljc
06-24-2003, 09:32 PM
Hi all-

I created a .lws rigging file using LW6.5 on a Mac running OS 9.1. I am trying to get my friend to open the file on his Windows platform computer running LW7.5. However, when he tries to open it, he gets an error saying that the file cannot be opened.

What do I have to do to so that he can open this file?

Here is the link if you want to download it. It is just a layout file, no model needed. Post if you are running LW7.5 on a windows platform and can get it open. Thanx!

LW layout Rig file (http://www.angelfire.com/sc3/myroom/legs_ik_setup.lws)

-vrljc

Rabid pitbull
06-24-2003, 10:03 PM
didn't work for me either, I got an error about a invalid scene file. Not sure but it might be a problem with the the LW version not platform problem. I looked at it in notepad, and it seems that you have quite alot going on with expressions. could it be that something may have changed from 6.5 to 7.5?
:shrug:

Triple G
06-24-2003, 10:07 PM
I tried opening it in 7.5c on a Mac, and it's a no-go there too. "Unknown scene file format." Probably a version issue as opposed to a platform issue. :shrug:

timsvw
06-24-2003, 11:09 PM
For starters if you are emailing the file make sure you zip it. Also sometimes you just need to put the proper extension on the file when you save it. I did not take a look at your file but try these two things they have solved my problems in the past.

Tim

vrljc
06-25-2003, 01:09 AM
Ok here is another try:

http://www.angelfire.com/sc3/myroom/legs_ik_setup_02.lws

Rabid pitbull: thanx for pointing out the expressions, i had all of the expressions in the modifiers tab in the graph edior. Now i just took em outa the modifiers tab and slapped them right in the expressions tab.

Hope this works! :rolleyes:

-vrljc

Triple G
06-25-2003, 01:31 AM
I'm still getting the same error message. There seems to be a lot of garbage in the header of the file, when I open it in Textedit on my Mac. I'm guessing that this is probably because of downloading an unzipped file.

I checked it against a file I knew to be good, then deleted everything up to where it says "FirstFrame1", and retyped the beginning so that it now looks like this:

LWSC

FirstFrame1
(etc., etc.)

Opened it up in Layout, everything loads up no problem. :thumbsup:

vrljc
06-25-2003, 01:59 AM
@ least someone opened it!:applause:

try this stuffed file:

www.angelfire.com/sc3/myroom/legs_ik_setup_02.sit

this computer is so outa date, i feel 87.....

-vrljc

p.s. if someone could unstuff it (and get it to work), and re-zip it and create a mirror, i would be much appreciated.....all i want is my friend to see this!

Triple G
06-25-2003, 02:50 AM
That latest one works perfectly. You do realize that you can create zip files on a Mac, right? The latest version of Stuffit will do it, as will a bunch of different free/shareware programs...MacZip, Zipit, etc. Your friend can even download Stuffit Expander for PC and open your .sit file. :)

Ok, enough lecturing. Here ya go... :p

vrljc
06-25-2003, 02:05 PM
Thank you Triple G!:beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.