PDA

View Full Version : lightwave noobie

danger_duck
06-24-2003, 10:30 PM
hi ive jus got lightwave an i am really crap at this sorta stuff but i wanted 2 learn. an the tutorails on the internet dnt really help me much cuz i dnt seem 2 get along with them lol

so cud sum1 plz help me with basic moddellin. like how the hell do u model a car lol??

SplineGod
06-24-2003, 10:40 PM
Try THIS (http://www.3dtrainingonline.com/introtolightwave.htm)

leigh
06-24-2003, 11:11 PM
Perhaps before you start learning 3D, you should take a course in typing :surprised

Hehe, just kidding :)

I'm not sure what you mean by "you didn't get along with" the tutorials on the internet - why not? What version of LightWave are you using?

Before you even start asking questions like "how do you model a car", you need to know what your modelling tools are, and how you use them.

I suggest reading through your manual and just playing around with the different modelling tools for a little bit until you get a good grasp of what does what. Then go to the NewTek site and perhaps do a few of the modelling tutorials there - some of them are really basic, perfect for beginners ;)

Steve Warner
06-24-2003, 11:46 PM
I've got a short tutorial that should help get you grounded in Modeler.

http://www.trinitymediainc.com/Tutorials/html/modeling_overview.html

It's a good place to start. From there, learning the toolset is critical. The manuals are more of a reference, so use them in conjunction with the tutorials on NewTek's site and it should get you going.

Good luck!

Steve

danger_duck
06-25-2003, 10:42 PM
thnx guys, an yes i really do need 2 check my spelling lol

when i manage 2 create summat in lightwave ill show u guys.

when being the appropiate word lol

danger_duck
06-25-2003, 11:32 PM
just done ur tut steve, an its helped alot with my understanding for sub patchs thnx

Steve Warner
06-25-2003, 11:34 PM
Hi Danger_Duck,

I'm glad you found my tutorials helpful. If you have any questions or need any help, please don't hesitate to ask. :)

Cheers!

Steve

danger_duck
06-25-2003, 11:44 PM
well ur probably going 2 think im an idiot 4 asking this but...

u no sub patches how do u make them useing the the bezier and spline draw tools??

its a mystery ut says no polygons selected 4 operation

SplineGod
06-25-2003, 11:49 PM
If youre interested in spline patching I have a simple tutorial thats easy to follow at:
http://www.3dtrainingonline.com
down at the bottom of the page.

Steve Warner
06-26-2003, 12:00 AM
I'd highly recommend going through SplineGod's tutorials. His video tutorials will do a better job of explaining splines than I can do in the limited space here. But if after going through his tutorials you still have questions, please don't hesitate to ask. :)

Take care!

Steve

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.