PDA

View Full Version : Needing help on UV Maps!!!

ronaldomiranda
06-24-2003, 07:01 PM
i have been reading a lot of tutorials about uv mapping and related stuff.
But i would like , just some yes and no, from the great group in here...

Cause i have some points about this matter:

here go:

1) after i made my uv map (using "T"), choosed the type of projection and exported it as a EPS file; Must i crop the exactly size of the map, inside photoshop, croping the borders???

2) Must I use the same process for create a map of every kind, like: color, bump, etc???

3) after i do that, i just use the UV map, in my options and load it and adjust it inside the UV - Texture view, inside modeler???

thanx a lot!!!!

Dreamwave
06-24-2003, 08:42 PM
I don't really understand point 1, sorry :shrug:

Yes, you can make a colour, bump, diffuse, specular etc. map all from the same UVmap...

and I wouldn't use the texture view in Modeler, it really slows down stuff...for tweaking the map I'd use lowquality testrenders from Layout, unfortunatly VIPER doesn't work with UV's :annoyed:

leigh
06-24-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by ronaldomiranda
1) after i made my uv map (using "T"), choosed the type of projection and exported it as a EPS file; Must i crop the exactly size of the map, inside photoshop, croping the borders???

Yes, crop it to the square UV template.

2) Must I use the same process for create a map of every kind, like: color, bump, etc???

You can use the same UV template for each of these.

3) after i do that, i just use the UV map, in my options and load it and adjust it inside the UV - Texture view, inside modeler???

Yes.

FB_Turbine
06-24-2003, 11:30 PM
Get UV Imaginator (http://www.3dcybercorp.com/software/uvimaginator/index.html) it'll make your life a lot easier. It exports an image capture from the uvmap and it's already croped and color hilighted.

ronaldomiranda
06-25-2003, 10:35 PM
REALLY HUGE THANX FOR ALL YOU GUYS...

this Channel Rox

rony...

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.