PDA

View Full Version : The fun "disapearing" light trick when adding a new spot light...

mocaw
01-09-2009, 09:01 PM
I'm having one heck of a time with my scene and can't track down the problem. What is happening is that every time I ads a spot, the last spot disappears from render!? I swear I've seen this before, but in earlier versions of XSI (pre 7) often just a restart of the app or re-naming of the light would fix it. No such luck this time.

Has anyone else had this problem? Kind of serious if you ask me pending it's not user error.

I am using the 64bit TS2 shader though...will check and see if that's the issue...

I'm using XSI 7.01 64bit.

Thanks,
Gideon

mocaw
01-09-2009, 09:23 PM
OK, seems to be an issue right now with using the Tek2Shoot monolithic shader. Too bad- really like the lafortune shading model. Anyone know of another shader with this feature?

CiaranM
01-09-2009, 11:37 PM
The only similar problem I've had with that shader is when using area lights. If you're using any, make sure they are spherical in shape, or they will not render with that shader. Not sure if that's any help though....

mocaw
01-10-2009, 09:38 PM
I have no patience for area lights! So no- just shadow mapped lights. For my needs I think I can get there with l-glass, the arch shader, and Strauss- at least on this small project.

I still need to try the T2S lafortune version that is separate from the monolithic shader though...

Do you know why it doesn't like area lights with only a spherical shape?

CGTalk Moderation
01-10-2009, 09:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.