PDA

View Full Version : Something better than rail extrude ?

-JT-
06-24-2003, 03:39 PM
Hello everyone,
i need to do some wires, is there a better way than "rail extrude" ? a plug or something ?
I have ok results with rail extrude but i'd like to move the spline points and then have the mesh follow its path, and it would be great if i could change the radius of the wires as well.

Does something like that exist ?

Steve Warner
06-24-2003, 04:03 PM
Worley's hoser might work:

http://www.worley.com/taft/taft_hoser.html#tophoser

You might also consider creating a straight, subdivide tube. Scale it in Layout and use the Splinamate plugin that came with 7.5b. I'm still on 7.5, so I can't really comment on that one. :)

You might also consider doing them with Sasquatch, depending on how big the wires will be. :shrug:

Hope this helps!

Steve

Cman
06-24-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by -JT-
Hello everyone,
i need to do some wires, is there a better way than "rail extrude" ? a plug or something ?
I have ok results with rail extrude but i'd like to move the spline points and then have the mesh follow its path, and it would be great if i could change the radius of the wires as well.

Does something like that exist ?

Sounds like Magic Bevel to me.
Open the numerics panel and set it to "edit path" and then you can adjust the extrusion how you want.

-JT-
06-24-2003, 04:34 PM
Thanks a lot, i'll give it a try. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.