PDA

View Full Version : Game Character: DJiNN Centaur

Spacemonkey :P
06-24-2003, 01:56 PM
http://www.planetquake.com/polycount%5Ccottages%5Cspacemonkey/djinn/DJINNPIMP1.jpg

This was my entry for the cgchat low poly game art competition this month. The character was supposed to fit into the dungeons and dragons universe and rather than build generic Hero X I thought I'd be a little creative.
He is constructed from under 4k tri's and uses a a 1024texture sheet. I also used bump and opacity maps on him.
I was rushed for time so there is a little roughness but I'm fairly happy with the way he turned out.
Very inspiring site you have here.:thumbsup:

gimpfarfar
06-24-2003, 02:32 PM
Modellers such as yourself makes me want to throw my computer away, give up everything that has to do with modelling and move out into the forrest or something... =)

In other words... VERY NICE! =)

Only realy crit:
The textures need some work...especially the bright red strokes (which are supposed to be veins, I guess) doesn't look right at all.. I suggest you use a smaller brush size and darken the color for those.

Keep up the great work!

peanuckle
06-24-2003, 05:13 PM
Looks good! only crit i have is that the lower more animal part seems to be a little to big for the upper part.

pea~

Neil
06-24-2003, 05:16 PM
Proportions are fine to me, who says they always needa be in scale (as long as the top isn't bigger, which it isn't, then it's fine)

Good stuff, how did you get the opacity on the wrist sleeves, but then exclude the forearm? Is that 2 separate meshes? or is the character a single mesh?

If i were to fix something i would make the underside of the paws/feet a different texture or color that way you can see the seperation between the foot and leg. B/c when it's raised like the R leg is, it looks ackward.

Boone
06-24-2003, 07:03 PM
Cor' Blimey! Thats quite good Gov'!

You must be working in one of the top games companies to do that...:thumbsup:

KolbyJukes
06-24-2003, 07:34 PM
I want to fight that!

Very profession texturing and modelling.

Let's see a wire.

-Kol.

friedmike
06-24-2003, 07:48 PM
Nice modeling of the human part of the character. Maybe adjust the proportions regarding the human part with the animal part. Once the proportions are adjusted it should look complete.

I would also put more detail in the texture of the animal, like the feet.

Good job!

ctaborda
06-24-2003, 08:22 PM
I think the hands are too big, the left hands seems as if it was way bigger than his head.

Sceme
06-24-2003, 08:39 PM
for me the whole thing looks great (exept the texture)
all those scale things..wow, it makes that thing so massive, maybe it is huge one? i love it:thumbsup:

but yeah, body texture would need more work

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.