PDA

View Full Version : Environment: Tech=Noir Style Hotel Room

chrisp420
06-24-2003, 12:10 PM
Hey, this is my first post. I did this for my texture and lighting class. Let me know what you all think. :)
http://chrisp420.250free.com/noir_room.jpg

Wacksarn
06-24-2003, 12:18 PM
A convincing scene IMO, the lighting sells it a long way.

At first glance the only thing that really jumps out as throwing it off a little is the scale of the gun (for me personally).

It appears to be a handgun of some description (a revolver perhaps) and yet, compared to the size of the bed, seems to be huge.

Good work though - creates enough of an atmosphere for me to buy into it.

joelyabrudy
06-24-2003, 01:58 PM
Nice. Good lighting.
Not sure what's coming out of the trashcan though....

joel

Stonepilot
06-24-2003, 05:44 PM
Not bad. I like the lighting. The textures on the wall seem a bit blurry. So maybe try bigger textures to fix the problem. Also I think the scale of the gun may be a bit off. I think its to big comapare to the bed.

unclebob
06-25-2003, 02:34 PM
very nice. I too think the lighting sets the mood. This kinda reminds me of the first Terminator movie, the one where the Terminator has the hotel room and gets the guns.

Signal2Noise
06-25-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by joelyabrudy
[Blah, blah, blah...]
Not sure what's coming out of the trashcan though....

joel

If the size of the gun is any indication then my guess is a really large condom? :shrug:

Nice mood. I like the scene.:thumbsup:

R.L.M
06-25-2003, 03:38 PM
nice.. but the gun looks like a toy. it's too big, and his material
looks plastic.

but except for this, it's looks great..

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.