PDA

View Full Version : Character: unnamed female character

Ayreon
06-24-2003, 10:17 AM
Well, I really need some hard crits and comments from the pro's, so I'm putting my ltest wip in here instead of in the regular wip section. Hope to get some honest and helpfull comments from you all!
This is a female character I'm working on. She will be wearing clothes when she's finished, but for now I'm focussing on creating the body as best as I can. I'm going for realism here, so point out all errors you find.
Reference used: pictures from fineart.sk
Software: Lightwave 7.5

Here's my latest update. The picture in the first post will be uipdated to minimise bandwith load.

Please, give it your most honest crits and comments. Thanks!

Ayreon

Ayreon
06-24-2003, 10:30 AM
And here's a wireframe:

mage111
06-24-2003, 11:00 AM
just a short observation:

the head looks too round, theres no deformities to it, like flat spots and what not.

other then that, with my amature knowledge of proper proportions of the human body, i really cant critque it too well. all i know is that when i shave my head, i know it aint that round ;-)

Raul-Reznek
06-24-2003, 04:09 PM
I think the basic form is good, but u need to go beyond that, finesse.

The nipples are huge, that is discusting to me at least

Anyhow i think u need more work on the overall char.

Ayreon
06-24-2003, 09:53 PM
Thanks for your comments. I've updated the picture in my first post. I've tweaked the model quite a bit. Changed the head, took some of the roundness of and give it some more edge. Tweaked the breasts, the shoulders and hips. Is it better this way?

I'm having a lot of trouble getting the elbow area right. I've looked at a lot of reference material, but I just can't get it to look right. Anybody got some advice for this?
Thanks!

Ayreon

RubenLTN
06-25-2003, 05:58 AM
Thats a good overall model...some problems though..

It's a little too simple. You can find tons of models of naked women everywhere, just like yours. You need to make it more intresting.

The outline of the arm doesnt look right. Try looking at some reference of the female body and shape that arm a little better.

The head is a little too round. Try to define the bone structure a little more, like cheekbones and forehead bones.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.